• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Does your bug out set up include?

It can be a lot of different calibers since it's an MRAD. This setup happened to be in .308, but 6.5C, and others are possible with a quick barrel change. We had a lot of 175gr. SMKs so .308 it was for the week. We were shooting steel at distance at this class, not groups. This rifle is under a half minute though. I don't have pics. Sorry.
Do you change bolts or boltface when you swap to a caliber that doesn’t share the same rim diameter?

Under half a minute won’t cut it for me barrel needs to be 1/4 or less consistently to have an edge these are 5 @100
4470B8E1-738E-4D15-8040-9AD913DF311E.jpeg

Attachments

• 3D09B47F-CE1E-4818-9381-5381C4A1FB68.jpeg
    3D09B47F-CE1E-4818-9381-5381C4A1FB68.jpeg
    117.1 KB · Views: 3
I like to shoot steel and critters. I've never been sorry that I had a superior platform either.

I don't recall anyone condemning you for owning a pricier platform, this whole back and forth was because you stated that 700's were a poor man's rifle and labeling anyone with a rig that cost's a fraction as yours as an "inferior weapon". Even if it's capable of doing the same as yours at 1,000 yards and under.

Cost, options, or name of the rig doesn't categorize it as an superior weapon, the person who takes the time to use quality glass, find the right ammunition and practice with it does.

Only thing I would agree to say that justifies a premium price is the optics for long range shooting in tactical situations. It's easy to make changes to a rifle to help it's ability to shoot better, but optics are set in stone on their ability from the factory.

I don't recall anyone condemning you for owning a pricier platform, this whole back and forth was because you stated that 700's were a poor man's rifle and labeling anyone with a rig that cost's a fraction as yours as an "inferior weapon". Even if it's capable of doing the same as yours at 1,000 yards and under.

Cost, options, or name of the rig doesn't categorize it as an superior weapon, the person who takes the time to use quality glass, find the right ammunition and practice with it does.

Only thing I would agree to say that justifies a premium price is the optics for long range shooting in tactical situations. It's easy to make changes to a rifle to help it's ability to shoot better, but optics are set in stone on their ability from the factory.
Long range tactical shooting is my game.

Back
Top Bottom