• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Does your bug out set up include?

Something I like to keep in my bag is smoke canister's I picked up from TruPrep. Couple black and a few colors, each color has it's own meaning to my family.

Not only does it give cover or imitate that a fire started, but helps communicate without giving away positions.

Edit: forgot thread started with firearm tools in mind. I just keep a Leatherman, with a couple screwdriver's for anything that comes up.

How and in what manner?
Please don’t explain that’s it’s what the military choose, so it’s better.
I explained it ad nauseum in the thread. More predictable cold bore accuracy, in the field barrel change capability being able to go from .308 to .338 Lap in minutes, longer service life etc.

I've been down both roads. There are zero comparisons.

I hate it, but there has been little or no real advancement in ballistic performance in any firearm for many decades. Some things may be more handy in a convenience manner, but not any real performance advances.

I hate it, but there has been little or no real advancement in ballistic performance in any firearm for many decades. Some things may be more handy in a convenience manner, but not any real performance advances.
Maybe not ballistically, since we're tied to smokeless powder, but there have been tremendous advances otherwise.

Out of those 303 people, how many do you suppose could be trouble makers if things get rough?
I just saw your post. I am probably the youngest home owners here. Most people still remember my Grandmother in the Eighties. However, I will tell you not one of those that may want to cause carnage can out run a 85gr. 6.8spcII. That is no way a threat of any kind just a hypothetical SHTF scenario.

I just saw your post. I am probably the youngest home owners here. Most people still remember my Grandmother in the Eighties. However, I will tell you not one of those that may want to cause carnage can out run a 85gr. 6.8spcII. That is no way a threat of any kind just a hypothetical SHTF scenario.
And like many hypothetical shtf scenarios, maybe a bit fanciful.

Back
Top Bottom