• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Does your handgun have a round in the chamber?

I keep my guns unloaded unless they are on "active duty." My ammo is in one safe, firearms in another. The exceptions are my bedside G19, and G33 and Kahr MK9 carry guns. They have one in the chamber and an extra mag on the ready. Also I have my 12 gauge with 7 in the tube, but the chamber is empty. Sometimes the racking of a pump 12 gauge is enough to make the bad guys think twice. Especially in a dark house.

press check when I move the gun from the safe to the holster, even tho it was chambered before I put it in the safe.

Slide locked back before I hand one my personal guns to someone else to look at. They can drop the slide AFTER they look inside.
You dont get to look at whats in my holster, besides the part thats sticking out of the holster. Ive actually pulled up a photo when someone asked what I was carrying and wanted to see the gun. It only comes out of the holster to be fired or go in the safe.

All guns in the safe are loaded and dangerous, even if they arent.

I always keep it cocked and locked. Off subject but a guy went to hand me a revolver the other day and I asked him was it loaded. He proceeded to check by turning it around and looking down the barrel. Not an ODT member

Back
Top Bottom