• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Does your handgun have a round in the chamber?

I've had raised primers and unseated loads in revolvers. That said I'm trying not to think about the fact that a revolver allows me to unload, dryfire and reload with ease and the fact a revolver points like my finger.

Question: (not to hijack the thread) Most of the discussions and examples are of more modern DA/SA pistols. How does the group prefer to carry a SA only like a 1911? Assuming one in the pipe, cocked and locked or not?

Slide locked back before I hand one my personal guns to someone else to look at. They can drop the slide AFTER they look inside.
I usually do this and it seems that half the time they don't realize it is a slide catch only. Revolver yes, P-40 snap cap.

I would have sworn my did as well. The other night my family and I had just return from the weekend at the beach. I had carried my Glock 26 with an extended magazine all weekend. I was returning it back to the flush magazine and I went to eject the round to practice dry fire for a bit. At that point I realized I had been carrying a gun with no round in the chamber. Honestly it has taken me a few days to post this due to embarrassment but felt I should share. I have always been taught treat all guns as if they are loaded because they were. All my life my daddy has taught me an unloaded gun will get you killed. That suddenly seems more real. I guess what this has taught me is always double check. I dryfire a good bit and am always careful to safety check for a unloaded chamber this reminds me to also check for a loaded one when Im done.

Don't feel bad, I left the house one day without the mag in my 1911.

Back
Top Bottom