• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Don't blow for the po-po

If it was all about money you would think the opposite.

Bull, are you saying that all of these little PD and sheriff depts that patrol the interstates are doing it for the safety of the travelers and not for the revenue? Arcade made a killing off of the bypass and I don't even go north of the Pendergrass flea market because of the Pendergrass cops stopping anybody and everybody for the slightest violation.

Why not? Some folks seem to think I make **** up.

Did you tell them to leave, and their "cause" was over?
No I was very respectful to them actually. All the while they ran my plates and license. I would lie and say it embarrassed me but I was young and actually enjoyed the free street cred :lol:

Cops find it easier to lie to people, so as to gain evidence against them to make their arrest easier.

It's a lot easier to get a conviction on an admission of guilt, than it is to prove someone's guilt without violating their rights.

Actually, I feel no sympathy for the guy. He drives like a bat out of hell, when he's not drinking.

His rights weren't violated, he just rolled over and took it ( you know the drill, "it'll be better if you consent to us violating your rights". If he had not "cooperated"/ rolled over and took it, he would have a lot less fines and charges against him.

It's ok, and fully acceptable, for a cop to lie to a lowly citizen, but God forbid a lowly citizen tell the cops a lie.
I find neither one acceptable. But I'm picky like that. ;)

You're right I should have said "can" instead of "will". Thanks for pointing that out from your high horse. And no there wasn't any logic in your analogies. I'm sure the logical woman at MADD would agree with them and give you another trophy though.

I was attempting to have an intelligent, factual conversation with you. My apologies. I shan't bother you anymore.

Well I read this entire thing and I got to say I'm very disappointed. I really thought this was going to be about not trying to get out of a ticket by offering the officer oral.

So this cop stopped a guy for failure to come to a complete stop.

When asked why he did not stop, the guy said "I slowed down and saw nothing was coming."
"But you did not stop"
After several rounds of conversational banter on the subject, the cop snatched the dude from the driver seat and started beating the **** out of him with the baton. Once several licks where administered the officer bend down and asked "Now, do you want me to stop or slow down?"
The officer then went to the passenger side and punched the driver's friend.
"What was that for?"
"I know five seconds after I leave you will turn to him and say 'I wish he tried that **** with me!'"

So this cop stopped a guy for failure to come to a complete stop.

When asked why he did not stop, the guy said "I slowed down and saw nothing was coming."
"But you did not stop"
After several rounds of conversational banter on the subject, the cop snatched the dude from the driver seat and started beating the **** out of him with the baton. Once several licks where administered the officer bend down and asked "Now, do you want me to stop or slow down?"
The officer then went to the passenger side and punched the driver's friend.
"What was that for?"
"I know five seconds after I leave you will turn to him and say 'I wish he tried that **** with me!'"
One if my favorites. That was before I was an officer.
Heard it a little different but the same jest.

Back
Top Bottom