Door lock actuator ?

Zeake

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
13   0
Reaction score
I have a 2004 Silverado 2500hd 6.0. ccsb The rear door locks have stopped locking every time you hit the lock button. Unlock works fine every time. I replaced the door lock relay in hopes that that was the problem. It was not.
It has a viper alarm system, but I don't think that is the problem. I am leaning toward the door lock modules. The issue in my mind is why both are acting strange, together. The lock parts are $160 EACH. Anyone else have to replace both at one time? The things unlock like new. When you hit lock they don't even make a sound. Nothing. Unless it is the 1 out of ten times and then they work.

Ebay is your friend on this one. Many sellers rebuild the lock actuators and sell them cheaper than new and give a discount once they receive your non-working actuators. I replaced all of the ones on an older Lexus RX and saved a tin of money.

I would check the wiring harness before I did anymore diagnosis by part swap. Do you have the wiring diagram? If both back door actuator modules are on the same circuit, a break or loose connector to them is more likely that both failing the same way at the same time.

Electrical problems suck. GL.

I didn't realize anyone rebuilt them. I think new is going to be the way I go. I dread putting them in but I have spent a crap load of money on the truck lately.

I would check the wiring harness before I did anymore diagnosis by part swap. Do you have the wiring diagram? If both back door actuator modules are on the same circuit, a break or loose connector to them is more likely that both failing the same way at the same time.

I do have a wiring diagram but that is beyond my skill level.

I just saw new actuators for your truck for $35-50 a pop on Ebay. They are plug and play most likely with regards to wiring. The hardest part will be the door panel removal.

Turns out it was the viper alarm. I had the installer re flash it today after the locks started working again and the key fob started saying the trunk was open.

Back
Top Bottom