• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Dumb question...

Dumb Question: For years I've been taking geese and other waterfowl with unkind words and rude gestures. There isn't anything in the regs about this...is this legal?

Sat on hold for 20 minutes an hour or so ago. My patience only goes so far

Email them. I emailed them a question about a month ago and I got a pretty quick response. Plus then you'll have the answer in writing. If they tell you wrong and you get in trouble, you won't have a leg to stand on. Get the paper trail buddy!

True but don't you think that with our advances and technology we owe it to the animal to take it as humanely as possible?

Not trying to be rude, but it is obvious you don't live on a lake that they have "invaded"
Nasty (but yes, beautiful) creatures, I think they can poop their own body weight (which is substantial) every hour (more or less).
I tried fences, motorized artificial coyotes, several sprays one at $100 a gallon, audio speakers playing their enemies yelling "kill geese" or something.
The only thing that worked was popping one in the head with a bb gun and it flopping around and dying in front of a flock of them.
They didn't come back in my yard for 2 seasons, it must have given off a pheromone or something? Not sure, but it was great!
I think you can kill 5 a year on your property without a permit, but that was a few years ago.
Fun to shoot at with a paintball gun as well, even the wife got into that "game". DNR calls that harassment though, so you have to compliment them while shooting at them. One old lady would walk around the lake (only 28 acres) every spring stomping their eggs, she was mean, but she was everybody's hero. :becky:

Back
Top Bottom