Easiest Class 3 Option

ReganR6

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
BMF
132   0
Reaction score
Would it be easier to buy a complete rifle like this?

http://www.spikestactical.com/new/z/st-compressor-sbr-556-nfa-p-491.html

I am really wanting to get a Daniel Defense rifle in that sort of set up but I am confused on the paperwork involved and the suppressor to get for it. I know this has been done before but I am sort of confused about the whole trust set up. Any help would be great

I would say no. Several reasons.
- no way to move the can between rifles
- you can build you own rifle as a SBR for ~ $1000
- then put the money into a 308 can with adaptors so you cover several caliber a including 5.56 & 308/7.62

Form 1 paperwork isn't haed to complete. IIRC Cherokee gun and pawn has helped members complete their form 1's for free.

form 1 is better because you get to play with it as a pistol while waiting., but form 1 will require that you engrave the rifle.

Im more than happy to look over form 1s as well. I would definitely get a separate can and SBR. Much more versatility.

Two real options for you.

#1 buy a stripped lower. Submit form 1. When form 1 comes back, build SBR. In the meantime, buy a suppressor (I know a guy ;) ) and submit that form 4. That way, in about 8 months, you will be ready to rock and roll.

#2 buy a complete factory SBR, submit form 4. Buy a suppressor, submit form 4. 8 months later, happy camper.

Definitely set up a trust. Use quicken or a lawyer, your choice. ITs the only way to use the new eforms that will speed things up.

not really anymore. The ATF does not like SBR lowers anymore. They don't approve form 2s on them anymore. Since to be a short BARREL rifle, it needs to have a barrel on it. as a stripped lower it is technically not a title 2 firearm.

not really anymore. The ATF does not like SBR lowers anymore. They don't approve form 2s on them anymore. Since to be a short BARREL rifle, it needs to have a barrel on it. as a stripped lower it is technically not a title 2 firearm.

I did not know that. Thanks for the info.

I have often wondered why the whole configuration was not registered as SBR. Lower is no good without an upper and vice versa. But then again, why have to register them at all?!

Back
Top Bottom