Easiest way to chop down a Serpa holster?

ocean_glocker

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
140   0
Reaction score
I just got a new Serpa holster for my P229 which is designed to fit the P226, it's the only model available to lefties. So there's an extra 3/4 of an inch hanging lower than I need. Any suggestion or best idea to chop it down and not look bubba'd

image.jpeg

chop saw, band saw, pretty much any saw will cut it
just want to get a square cut and then some 220 sand paper to ease the edges smooth
Mike

I cut mine with a hack saw and used a metal file to smooth up and shape the cut. Followed up with heating with a lighter and buffing with a heavy cloth to smooth it up and darken the sanded area from grayish back to black.

I cut mine with a hack saw and used a metal file to smooth up and shape the cut. Followed up with heating with a lighter and buffing with a heavy cloth to smooth it up and darken the sanded area from grayish back to black.
I have some files and think I have a hack saw in my workshop... I know what I'm doing tomorrow.

Just a thought OG, but since it is owb carry is the extra 3/4 inch really going to get in the way? I think what you have here is a justifiable reason to go out and purchase a p226 to go along with the 229. just saying....

Use a tile saw. You will get a straight cut, and the water will keep the plastic cool and prevent melting.

Back
Top Bottom