Easiest way to chop down a Serpa holster?

That's like buying a Corvette and getting liability insurance because you can't afford full coverage.
If you have a better suggestion for a OWB holster that is easy on and off without undoing my belt I'm all ears. I carry OWB less than 10% of the time, just mainly for late night grocery runs where I can just clip it on what ever pant or shorts I'm wearing...

Last edited:
I did this for my G30 a few years ago. Put a sharpie on a book with the tip hanging over the edge on a flat table. Rotate the holster around with the tip touching the whole time. This gives you a straight and flat line. I used a dremmel l cut it then sanded smooth.

Alright... The deed is done, I'm pretty happy with the way it came out, here's what I did...

image.jpeg

I put the pistol in the measured how much extra space there was in the holster nearly 3/4 of an inch...

image.jpeg

I measured just short of that on the holster which happened to be where the thicker part of the holster ended which gave a good guide to tape half of the holster. And I busted out the dremel with a cutting wheel...

image.jpeg

At one point I put a flashlight in the other end to see if the cut went through, you can see here I was a little short. One note.. I used the slowest setting on the dremel to keep the cut area from melting...

image.jpeg

And the cut was complete...

Here is what it looked like after the cut...
image.jpeg

Then I busted out the files... Which was a little more tedious that I was expecting. Just when an edge was done a fiber popped out.

image.jpeg

And this is the result. Before:

image.jpeg

And after

image.jpeg

It's not 100% but I'm pleased with the outcome. Thanks

Back
Top Bottom