easiest way to conceal a full size 1911

I think your on the right track with a 1911. Slim pistol/ easy to conseal. Now as for the length and weight, a bit to be desired. CC carry= the element of surprise which is in your favor. Check the local laws for where you are going. As for consealing under a shirt, Bianchi #6 inside pants and shirt tail over pistol. A long shirt tail for those times you have to stretch for something so your pistol dosen't come into view. Under a jacket either a Bianchi #7 or the like or a shoulder rig. The #7 is a pancake holster that your belt slides through or a shoulder rig in the horizontal or vertical position. I prefer a horizontal Triple K holster. In either case with the shoulder rig be sure to get at least a double mag pouch on the opposite side of the pistol to help counter weight the firearm better. Also on the shoulder rig if you have belt straps on the bottom, it will help to keep it secure. Carry a heavy pistol like that all day, you will eventually see the advantages of a lighter pistol. But the .45acp is my favorite choice, but not always a viable one. Hope this helps. :-)

Carry is very body specific, however, I have great luck carrying a full size 1911 in a comptac minotaur with little to no printing and I am not a big guy. 5'10" 180

This is carried strongside at about the 3:30 position

I received this lower back holster from a member a little while back and love it. I can carry a fullsize RIA really comfortably, my doublstack Firestorm carries well too. With an untucked tee, even my family that knows I'm carrying, can't tell.

Attachments

• IMG_20111221_132308.jpg
    IMG_20111221_132308.jpg
    549.4 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_20111221_132250.jpg
    IMG_20111221_132250.jpg
    542.5 KB · Views: 22
Sometimes life dictates. I competed in IPSC with a high ride appendix holster. I wear my cowboy rig both holsters just in front of hip. I wear a home made Kydex rig appendix OWB for PCCA. And, I wear the 1911 in the same place for CC. The osteoarthritis in the shoulder says I need to keep them where they are.

I peronally think the appendix position is faster.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hA-xIssgT-o

Back
Top Bottom