easiest way to conceal a full size 1911

DO NOT OPEN CARRY ON THE BASE UP THERE!!!!!!!!!!!! That being said several companies make concealable holsters for 1911's mine is a Comptac IWB I am a big guy so it's easier to conceal, what ever you end up with don't but a cheap holster or belt.....quality makes the difference especially for the heavier 1911.

Last edited:
THIS GUY http://pjholster.com/ MAKES A GREAT KYDEX IWB HOLSTER FOR $40 SHIPPED! I GOT ONE FOR MY G23 WITH THE DEEP CONCEALMENT OPTION AND I LOVE IT! I AM ORDERING OTHER ONES FOR MY CHAMP LW OPERATOR, COLT COMMANDER AND CUSTOM STAINLESS:cool:

looked at the PJ holsters webpage and I am intrigued by what he has those deep concealment rigs look like they would work nice carrying a large frame auto.

I don't tuck in my shirts so it's really not that difficult to CC a 1911. The Bianchi Carrylok is a great holster for the 1911 if you leave your shirt untucked.

I carried a 1911A1 for many years without a holster, both in uniform and not.
I was a short 5-7 and 155lbs back then and had no problems.

Tighten your belt a little, barrel down, butt forward on your kidney, your strong side. Don't tuck in your shirt and that's it.
It will ride up a little as you drive but will slip back into position easily.

My department at the time required uniformed officer to carry the issue S&W Model 67. I did and carried a back-up... 45ACP. No complaints from anyone. I was range officer and made sure my qualifications with the 45 was on the books.

I still love my 45s and find it easier now that there is soo much more of me but now as an old retiree carry a littler 40 cal, not a glock!

Be safe,

OSOK

Back
Top Bottom