easiest way to conceal a full size 1911

Its at one of the local shops. I will have to look into their transfer fees though.
And yeah I only shop at the px up there for ammo, its comparably priced before the no sales tax.

And I'm not a fan of Glocks, strictly because of the feel in my hand. Nothing against the guns themselves.

Seriously, a good (not cheap) belt is the first answer to comfort with a handgun that weighs around two poundes (empty). The super tucks are good as most pancake style holster will do good.
After shooting cowboy for number of years, I wear suspenders. Very comfortable with the lw Colt Commander. I wear a Safariland Comp belt. Very stiff and will not allow holsters to sag.
The IWB is mostly a pain. I have a few and the one I always go to is an old Bianchi #3. Yes, it is leather :). Difficult to reholster, but when will you do that?

I bought several holsters trying to figure out how to conceal my 1911 and ended up having to make my own from Kydex. Using it with a Wilderness Instructor 5-Stitch 1.75" belt I can hide my full size 1911 under an untucked shirt. I wore this set-up last night Christmas shopping with my wife in Chattanooga with no issues. I am only 5'5" 150 lbs. It can be done comfortably with the right set-up.

Crossbreed supertuck and a good belt. By good belt, I mean it should cost at least 50 bucks, be strong as hell and made for carrying a gun.

With this setup I can easily iwb a fullsize all steel gun in a 4 oclock position all day every day.

Let's give the dude some real answers rather than derailing his thread by telling him to buy a new gun. MTAC or Supertuck should do the job marvelously. I've CC'd a longslide Glock comfortably in my Supertuck.

Back
Top Bottom