• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Ecoboost 3.5L V6

sinac84

Default rank 5000+ posts Lifetime Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
187   0
Reaction score
Anyone on here have a F150 with the 3.5L Ecoboost V6? Why did you pick it over the V8? How well has it been holding up? Any issues so far? I'm looking at one and I can't decide if the Ecoboost is a good investment or if I should just stick to the 5.0L V8.

(Chevy/GMC, Ram, and Toyota guys, please don't turn this into a big "my 1995 GMC will beat your little sissy motor Ford" kinda conversation. I'm strictly looking for reviews from people who actually own one.)

Thanks

My dad bought a brand new F-150 in July. He went with the 5.0, his reasoning being the 3.5 was unproven technology. I agree with him. Everyone I know or have talked to with the 3.5 love them and swear by them. I say to them, let me know how that goes 5 years from now...

I have a 2010 Taurus SHO and a 2012 Flex with that engine runs great in both. Both of mine are awd drive and get around 19 to 20 mpg driving around Blue Ridge get up to about 22 to 23 on a long interstate trip.

I bought the ecoboost and have 23k on it so far. I've had no problems and I was on the fence like you a year ago. The torque is awesome. I hope the engine holds up long term but only time will tell. There is no MPG gain in buying the twin Turbo. YouTube the torture tests ford put it through.

Last edited:
I watched a special on the Baja in Mexico where FORD ran that bad ass F150, purely stock with the EcoBoost V6. If I ever got a new truck I'd jump right on it. They went the entire race in a stock truck and kicked ass doing it. Not a single issue with the engine. They tested the engine in a 100k test with no oil changes, no issues at all. I'm no mechanic or expert byut it sounds like a good engine to me.

Back
Top Bottom