• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Economy of shot

What if you didnt? Basic rifleman skills will make you better with good tools and will translate to any equipment you may have to use. You dont always get to choose what equipment is available.

Not disagreeing but if you have something avaliable why would you not use it. With technology today you can kill 20 hogs not 1. Be skilled AND use tech.
The main source or transportation is no longer a horse so why pretend it is. A horse is nice to have if a solar flare hits but, till then ill drive a truck. I like black powder but not many people CC a BP revolver.

I dont bow hunt but to me thats one of the purest hunting skills out there. Compound bows are probably more common than hunting with a long bow.

Not disagreeing but if you have something avaliable why would you not use it. With technology today you can kill 20 hogs not 1. Be skilled AND use tech.
The main source or transportation is no longer a horse so why pretend it is. A horse is nice to have if a solar flare hits but, till then ill drive a truck. I like black powder but not many people CC a BP revolver.

I dont bow hunt but to me thats one of the purest hunting skills out there. Compound bows are probably more common than hunting with a long bow.

Certainly not suggesting that people dont use good equipment. Dont think anyone has. I love that stuff too. Just saying good equipment doesnt nullify the need for a firm grasp of basic rifleman skills. Those skills will make you better with the good equipment and also translate if you have to use equipment that isnt your preference for any reason.

Certainly not suggesting that people dont use good equipment. Dont think anyone has. I love that stuff too. Just saying good equipment doesnt nullify the need for a firm grasp of basic rifleman skills. Those skills will make you better with the good equipment and also translate if you have to use equipment that isnt your preference for any reason.

Same applies with all tools. Even the most basic tool, a hammer. Compare a carpenter who has always used nail guns to one who has learned how to truly swing a hammer. If the nail gun is unavailable for whatever reason, electricity goes out, compressor dies, whatever, the guy who never truly learned how to swing a hammer will work harder and get less done than the other guy.

I'm real familiar with this unfortunately. I've had to relearn how to do a lot of things since my stroke. Some I'll never be able to do again because of lack of feeling or motor control in my arm/hand. But the things I had learned good fundamentals of bore my stroke have come back the best after it.

What is this economy of shot you speak of?

IMG_1769.JPG

Back
Top Bottom