• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

EDC a full size pistol

I’m thinking much depends on the holster one uses for EDC. I have carried my Canik TP9 using an AlienGear IWB holster...the padded wicking material on the inside is comfortable, even in the Summer months. The holster contours to the body....keeping the firearm close to the body and avoids "printing" even when wearing a thin untucked shirt.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reactions: MRH
I have been EDCing a Glock 34 for a few days now. It is not a problem at all with a good belt and holster. I see a lot of people that are convinced it isn't practical or possible to do so without printing too much, but I am seeing hardly any difference in comparison to my G19. I once believed it was impractical too. Even with the addition of a Magpul magwell it is barely noticeable. No more than usual, anyway. I like it. Carrying full size is easy. One difference I have noticed is drawing the long slide vs the 4" G19. It isn't much different, but it is different. Something I will be practicing a LOT.

Anybody else carry full size? What belt(s) are you using?

what holster and position ya carry it in?

with the right belt and holster you can carry anything you want. just gotta find something comfortable for you. if its not comfortable, you aint gonna wear it. if you like the gun and shoot it well, spend some more money on a few different holsters to find one you like. just because everyone carries in a IWB kydex doesn't mean you have to or is comfortable for you. ive carried a FNX45 with a spare mag and been plenty comfy for all day wear.

get a good stout leather belt. i got mine from a guy in Athens called Zachs gun belts. http://zachsgunbelts.com/

my personal favorite holster is a Blackpoint tactical leatherwing holster. i have about 4 or 5 for different pistols ive carried over the years lol. being left handed i like to keep my holsters as i always have to order them, cause nobody stocks lefty holsters of any quality. although this crossbreed reckoning i bought for my hellcat osp is quickly winning me over. stiff as hell at first but slowly getting softer.

one day i will have a custom job from savoy leather. probably my favorite leather BBQ holster maker. i just cant keep a pistol long enough to justify the price and custom work i want haha. although this dang hellcat osp isn't going anywhere for awhile, once he adds the osp option to his holsters i may pull the trigger on one. https://www.savoyleather.com/product-category/holsters/

Reactions: MRH
Here as of late I switched from carrying my Shield 9mm with extra mag in my pocket to my Glock 17 with dual spare mag carrier on my belt. I wear a thick leather gun belt, with the gun in a bladetech holster and the mags in their dual mag carrier. It all depends on the person and what they expect. It all prints just a little, so I wear a black under shirt with a dark colored polo. If you know what to look for, you see it, but most folks are none the wiser.

I’ve carried a G22, numerous 1911’s, and a Beretta 92. Soon I’ll be carrying an STI Staccato-P with a Streamlight TLR-1 on it. Not difficult to conceal, with a good holster and belt, and the appropriate clothing.

Back
Top Bottom