Elcan Specter DR 1x4 flip optic

I worked up until my intrapost transfer at a Machine gun range supporting basic training at Fort Jackson. MARSOC would frequently use the range next to ours and so they had to clear it with us if they wanted to use it because if they went downrange they were in a portion of the field of fire or in our range fan. So occasionally they would shoot on ours as well. Anyways, they had ELCAN's on their M4's. They let us shoot sometimes when we weren't supporting a BCT unit, it was an incredibly clear optic with a throw lever from 1.5-4X. They had Doc Optics on top and said they have the MRD on top because the optic is 1.5 and it's easier to use the red dot on top of the optic in CQB. I don't have extensive experience with it but shot a few rounds looking through it. It is top notch. But hey, I saw NF, and Schmidt & Binder on some of their other guns so I would say it's safe to say they like quality and that's what they get and they should get it. As far as buying one, I would if you could get it for a decent price.

Back
Top Bottom