• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Elderly neighbor

Brad at Full Blown firearms in Hampton could handle that for you. A can of Kroil oil and a few minutes would probably have it up and running just fine. I had one of those around 1980 and recall it a simple disassemble. pretty sure youtube will have a few videos. You could probably send it back to Charter arms.
Forgot about Brad since he moved the shop from Williamson to Hampton.
Yes, I would recommend him as well.
Hampton is about an hour away, but would be worth the drive.

General cleaning is $75.00 & includes take down, clean, inspect, oil & reassemble.

It's got rust in the crevices all over, I assume there's rust internally as well. It definitely feels like moisture has settled inside when you try to pull the trigger. It sat in a drawer for decades. Every moving part was stuck. I had to wiggle and press, working it back and forth until it would cycle again and got the cyclinder to open. It needs a gun smith that knows what he's doing and is equipped to do it without watching youtube

Post #4 is a gunsmith that is 10 minutes from you. He has been in business for 30 years at least.
Post #19 is a gunsmith that was in our area but move a little farther away. He has been in business for 20+ years.
Post #21 provides a link to the website for #19 and the price listed on his website for similar service.

What other information are you looking for?

Post #4 is a gunsmith that is 10 minutes from you. He has been in business for 30 years at least.
Post #19 is a gunsmith that was in our area but move a little farther away. He has been in business for 20+ years.
Post #21 provides a link to the website for #19 and the price listed on his website for similar service.

What other information are you looking for?
It's Sunday so I don't think she'll be contacting any of them until tomorrow or some time this week. Should I close the thread ?

I'm going to take it to Smallwood Arms tomorrow or one day this week for her and let him assess it
I know that you've said multiple times that you aren't going to "work on it." But seriously...dude. Take the stocks off, put it in a ziplock back with some kroil or CLP or something and just let it soak for a day or three. Heck even some PB Blaster. Pull it out, take a cheap tooth brush and scrub the poop out of it. Then hit the rust spots with fine steel wool, wipe it all down and hand it back to her. There's nothing wrong with that pistol. I had one in far worse condition that I carried and shot for years.

Back
Top Bottom