Electrical question. Who knows about EMP/whole house lightning protection? Is it Worthwhile?

What should it cover? Your house replacement? No one does.
Reimbursement Maximum Amounts for EMP Shield Products:
All EMP Shield Models – $25,000. This warranty specifically covers damage from electrical surges and those caused by lightning to a EMP Shield protected property. While lightning is an act of God, it is specifically included in the coverage of this warranty.

All EMP Shield Models – $25,000. This warranty specifically covers damage from electrical surges and those caused by lightning to a EMP Shield protected property. While lightning is an act of God, it is specifically included in the coverage of this warranty.
My apologies.
It's obvious you possess one of these and have made a claim to validate all this, and I stand corrected.
I was simply offering advise, based on personal experience and that of being a practicing electrical controls engineer for 45 years.
I'm in my place now, knowing you can't ever be as smart as the interwebs. Thank you for opening my eyes.

They claim these to shunt the energy to ground in a nano second
I don’t know if we’ll ever have an EMP attack, but not replacing a couple of refrigerators, freezers, and tv’s after another lightning strike has gotta have some value.

I’m thinking about getting a couple of these, What do we know?
Please consider what Dr. Arthur Bradley has to say. He is a researcher in EMP devices and has a considerable knowledge base on his website as well as on YouTube. Dr. Bradley tests many devices in his electronics lab and has recommendations. https://disasterpreparer.com/
https://www.youtube.com/user/disasterprepper

I think my warranty is the least of my worries if there is an EMP attack. I am pretty sure the have calculated that any of their customers who have failures won’t be around long enough to file a claim.

I think my warranty is the least of my worries if there is an EMP attack. I am pretty sure the have calculated that any of their customers who have failures won’t be around long enough to file a claim.
As I said, I am not particularly concerned with EMP. I pointed out the near instantaneous lightning protection as my primary concern.

I guess you’d actually have to read the post before making a snarky comment

All warranties expire on payment of invoice.

Back
Top Bottom