• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Electricity goes out for 6 months in the entire United States, would you survive?

I think we would be ok. It would suck with no electricity, but we would get by and survive. I'd be skinny in the 6 month period though. We have food stored and we would leave to go to lake hartwell. plenty of fishing and game all over there.

I think I would make it just fine. I am not sure about some of my family. Wife has too many health issues. Grand children are totally un prepared for any hardship. I can't seem to get my wife to understand that nothing in life is garanteed.
Yeah I think it could happen, but down on my list of likely scenarios.

Yep...our little group would be just fine! All of us have pretty good health and are not dependent on any medicine. We've already invested in Solar panels and battery banks to power our RV's & got hundred's of gallons of fuel. We've also have a good bit of food stored up. We just hope & pray we never need this, but you never know when we may be in a similar situation as Japan or the folks in yesterday's storms!

With the good Lord's blessings, my little group will do just fine. Hope it never comes to that. Enjoy the best but prepare for the worst.

I would try my best to provide for me and my family to live but if not, so what. We are all assured of death. It will come to you in one form are another. That is what you need to be prepared for. Just follow The Roman Road, if you don't know what that is then ask someone to enlighten you. Jesus Saves!

my wife and I are healthy and am confident we could survive for 6 months with no power... this goes without saying that we are merely powerless and not in a state of mass panic with looting/stealing/murder running rampant.

If it included the later... probably still survive... just a little more nerve racking.

2 days without electricity and there will be mass panic, looting, stealing.

if power went out like that, I'd head for the coast. Might was well get the sea breeze if the a/c is out.

People who say they can hunt to provide food, don't you think most game would be hunted to extinction in a matter of weeks if food supplies were interupted? You can assume limits and seasons would be ignored if people go hungry, and I don't think the wild populations have any chance of supporting 1/1000 of the population.

Doubt it.........lots of inexperienced people hunting would probably end up in those very same people becoming extinct.

Could I survive a 6 month power outage? I like to think so and I have prepared accordingly.

okay... so my survival odds go down... and my tendency to shoot at shadows goes up. lol

Well...if there's no electicity, you best get the hell out of dodge like we're gonna do...heck our retreat is well hidden right under everybody's nose's and only minutes from our small hometown! We like it that way! Heck it took the county tax man 5 years before he discovered us! LOL!

Back
Top Bottom