• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Elementary School discipline

You're right I believe. It's sad. We got paddlings when I was in elementary school and I don't have a problem with it if she needs to do the same with my son. But you're right, today's day and age won't allow it.

I am going to have to give him a spanking today when he gets home. It's going to suck. It will straighten him out for a couple of weeks but then he'll need another reminder...
Yep. I always thought that old saying "It's going to hurt me more than it hurts you" was nonsense, until I became a dad. My son is in 8th grade. He's been spanked maybe 5 times in his life. Each time it certainly help fix his memory.

I hate to say it but part of the problem is that I'm already gone for work by the time my wife gets up and takes him to school and goes to work. If *I* was the one taking him to school, he wouldn't try to sneak anything past me. I've told my wife before when she spanks him, she's got to make it memorable for him.

But I remember basically laughing my mom's spankings off when I was a kid too. But when Dad got home, THAT was a whole different story.

nitrousfedlx nitrousfedlx
Yep, somehow I got voted to be "the heavy" for such things. That's fine I guess. She deals with way more than I would.

I've told teachers, I'm in charge at my house, you're in charge here, but don't expect me to punish them for you.

I've been through this plenty. I worry about effort, grades. Kid **** doesn't move the needle. It's her problem, she can fix it or ignore it.

That's what I don't understand! Take charge of your classroom! My son isn't a brat, he's pretty easy but this woman can't take his toys from him??? What would she do if he was a straight up hellion?

The teachers are hamstrung and can't do anything because the parents will unleash holy hell if they discipline their little angels.
I get you've told them to take them, but I can see why they won't.
I'd tan his little hide if I already told him more than once. Been on the receiving and giving end. Both were effective.
Probably since they are a branch of the state, they cannot confiscate property except in a narrowly defined manned.

You're right I believe. It's sad. We got paddlings when I was in elementary school and I don't have a problem with it if she needs to do the same with my son. But you're right, today's day and age won't allow it.

I am going to have to give him a spanking today when he gets home. It's going to suck. It will straighten him out for a couple of weeks but then he'll need another reminder...
Dissipline should already been dealt out. Not the teachers fault. It's little Johnny's and his families fault.

Yep. I always thought that old saying "It's going to hurt me more than it hurts you" was nonsense, until I became a dad. My son is in 8th grade. He's been spanked maybe 5 times in his life. Each time it certainly help fix his memory.

That's the God's honest truth right there. I don't spare him any spankings but I'm lucky because it rarely comes down to that. Today will be an exception I'm afraid.

I gave him a good one when he was about 3. The next day he had an accident and I overheard him in a really soft and humble voice tell my wife to "Tell Daddy that he doesn't need to spank me again." I felt like stepping out in front of a bus when I heard that.

Back
Top Bottom