• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Elementary School discipline

fast306stang

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
376   0
Reaction score
This is getting on my nerves. My son has been bringing toys/playing cards to school with him and the teacher catches him with this stuff. My wife checks his book bag/pockets but he finds places to hide it anyway.

Ok, I get it, he's a 6 year old kid. When I was his age and the teacher caught us with stuff, she would take it from us and put it in her desk and we got it back at the end of the year. I have no problem with that. If she takes his toys, he'll quit bringing them to school. I've made this known several times. As a matter of fact, take his toys and throw them in the trash! She has my blessing!

Instead my wife gets emails like this one today, because the teacher doesn't take control of the situation.

"Good afternoon
Alex has still been bring toys and trading cards to school. Today I asked him to put the cards in his book bag because he was playing with them in the middle of class. He went to his book bag but did not put them in there. During lunch he pulled the cards out again and started passing them out to other students. This has happened with Alex several times when I have asked him to put toys away. He also still is not paying attention in class and not completing his work because he would rather play with the things at his desk or his jacket."

He's a good kid but this is infuriating.

The teachers are hamstrung and can't do anything because the parents will unleash holy hell if they discipline their little angels.
I get you've told them to take them, but I can see why they won't.
I'd tan his little hide if I already told him more than once. Been on the receiving and giving end. Both were effective.

The teachers are hamstrung and can't do anything because the parents will unleash holy hell if they discipline their little angels.
I get you've told them to take them, but I can see why they won't.
I'd tan his little hide if I already told him more than once. Been on the receiving and giving end. Both were effective.

You're right I believe. It's sad. We got paddlings when I was in elementary school and I don't have a problem with it if she needs to do the same with my son. But you're right, today's day and age won't allow it.

I am going to have to give him a spanking today when he gets home. It's going to suck. It will straighten him out for a couple of weeks but then he'll need another reminder...

I hate to say it but part of the problem is that I'm already gone for work by the time my wife gets up and takes him to school and goes to work. If *I* was the one taking him to school, he wouldn't try to sneak anything past me. I've told my wife before when she spanks him, she's got to make it memorable for him.

But I remember basically laughing my mom's spankings off when I was a kid too. But when Dad got home, THAT was a whole different story.

@nitrousfedlx

Back
Top Bottom