• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Ellijay Apple Festival- no firearms policy

herebyproxy

Default rank <2000 posts
ODT Junkie!
34   0
Reaction score
My email.......

"We will not be attending the festival this year due to your anti Second
Amendment stance. Our recent move to Ellijay was very exciting to us. Now
I'm not so sure."

Their email:

"Mr. Smiley,

The Georgia Apple Festival is held on private property and the property
owner has elected to exercise their legal right to prohibit firearms from
being brought onto their property for any event or function. This is not
intended to be an anti 2nd amendment statement and has been the policy of
the property owner for many years."

Regards,
Paige

My email:

"Please pass my concerns on to the anti Second Amendment property owners. Action, not words, determine whether one supports the Second Amendment or not."

John Smiley
Ellijay, Ga.

Comments???

How are they going to know if you discretely CC. Will they have metal detectors at the entrance? F it! Until someone notices my gun (which they never will) and decides to target me about the issue, I am carrying wherever I please.

If I read the letter correctly, this is the position of the property owner... A private individual... He has that right...

Don't think I would hold that against Ellijay or the Georgia Apple Festival

I intend this respectfully:
Just carry. Don't make a big deal out of it.
The squeaky wheel is always the first one to get all the attention.

The response basically said the owner wasn't against the Second Amendment, he is just exercising his right to ban firearms......at least that's how I read it. The owner of the property is the Lion's Club, for God's sake. That's a pretty big organization to be anti Second Amendment. (just sayin')

As far as I am concerned...the militant 2A guys are about the same as the militant anti-2A guys. Both sides want to force their belief on someone else. It is our right to carry...so I choose to do so discreetly so as not to attract attention. It is the property owner's right to abolish guns from HIS property. So...basically, we have 4 possible resolutions:

1. Boycott the event because the owner is anti-2A. OK...we are well within our rights to do so.
2. Join me in discreetly carrying, and enjoy the Apple Festival without anyone knowing you are carrying. Both sides happy.
3. Open carry in defiance of the property owner's stance. Get removed by LEO's. Doesn't sound like fun.
4. Blather on to an event organizer about how unjust the owner's policy is. Blather on some more on an outdoor forum. Sounds like somebody just wants to be heard.

I'll be doing the second option. Feel free to join me. But please quit whining about this at every opportunity. The event promoter can't change the owner's mind. You can't change the event promoter's stance. They can't change your stance...you can't change my stance.

You know what the definition of futility is don't you? Repeating the same action over and over again waiting for a different result.

As far as I am concerned...the militant 2A guys are about the same as the militant anti-2A guys. Both sides want to force their belief on someone else. It is our right to carry...so I choose to do so discreetly so as not to attract attention. It is the property owner's right to abolish guns from HIS property. So...basically, we have 4 possible resolutions:

1. Boycott the event because the owner is anti-2A. OK...we are well within our rights to do so.
2. Join me in discreetly carrying, and enjoy the Apple Festival without anyone knowing you are carrying. Both sides happy.
3. Open carry in defiance of the property owner's stance. Get removed by LEO's. Doesn't sound like fun.
4. Blather on to an event organizer about how unjust the owner's policy is. Blather on some more on an outdoor forum. Sounds like somebody just wants to be heard.

I'll be doing the second option. Feel free to join me. But please quit whining about this at every opportunity. The event promoter can't change the owner's mind. You can't change the event promoter's stance. They can't change your stance...you can't change my stance.

You know what the definition of futility is don't you? Repeating the same action over and over again waiting for a different result.

AMEN, I knew there was a reason I liked you so much!!!

Back
Top Bottom