• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Ellijay Apple Festival- no firearms policy

Wow......sorry I said anything.....

Please search on here looking for threads on places that don't allow firearms. There is a whole thread somewhere that lists out the places that don't allow carry. Now...if you had posted something in that thread about the Apple Festival being one of those places - great, we'd all appreciate knowing the information.

You wanted comments...I gave you my comments. Nothing more...nothing less. If you want to grandstand about standing up for your 2A rights...be my guest. I have no problem with that. But start the thread like "look, I am a badass. I can send threatening e-mails to an event promoter," well, be prepared to reap the whirlwind.

i lazily CC'd last year with no problems. There were signs but no one seemed to notice or care and im positive someone had to of seen. damn good apple cinnamon bread though..........

Please search on here looking for threads on places that don't allow firearms. There is a whole thread somewhere that lists out the places that don't allow carry. Now...if you had posted something in that thread about the Apple Festival being one of those places - great, we'd all appreciate knowing the information.

You wanted comments...I gave you my comments. Nothing more...nothing less. If you want to grandstand about standing up for your 2A rights...be my guest. I have no problem with that. But start the thread like "look, I am a badass. I can send threatening e-mails to an event promoter," well, be prepared to reap the whirlwind.

If no one complains about the policy, then the chance of it changing is exactly zero. Not that I anticipate it will change, but I read no where in the OP's message where he threatened or was trying to be a bad ass.

However, there is definitely ass in this thread.

As far as I am concerned...the militant 2A guys are about the same as the militant anti-2A guys. Both sides want to force their belief on someone else. It is our right to carry...so I choose to do so discreetly so as not to attract attention. It is the property owner's right to abolish guns from HIS property. So...basically, we have 4 possible resolutions:

1. Boycott the event because the owner is anti-2A. OK...we are well within our rights to do so.
2. Join me in discreetly carrying, and enjoy the Apple Festival without anyone knowing you are carrying. Both sides happy.
3. Open carry in defiance of the property owner's stance. Get removed by LEO's. Doesn't sound like fun.
4. Blather on to an event organizer about how unjust the owner's policy is. Blather on some more on an outdoor forum. Sounds like somebody just wants to be heard.

I'll be doing the second option. Feel free to join me. But please quit whining about this at every opportunity. The event promoter can't change the owner's mind. You can't change the event promoter's stance. They can't change your stance...you can't change my stance.

You know what the definition of futility is don't you? Repeating the same action over and over again waiting for a different result.

I thought that was the definition of insanity, but your point is well taken!

Wow......sorry I said anything.....

You did the right thing. You contacted the event organizer and politely informed them of an issue with the event that bears noting. If everyone did as much, there would be a lot less foolishness.

If their concern was to not offend some folks ignorant to the actual impact of our armed citizens and true public safety rather than a false one then they could have simply asked not to open carry firearms so as not to spook the sheep. Request "No Open Carrying of Firearms" unless LEO. This doesn't ban firearms and as noted sends a strong anti-2A message to the public, some who will ignorantly revel in it and "feeling much safer".

Sad but it's so far from the truth that to not mention the error is simply becoming complacent and actually supportive of these type of enablers.

If no one complains about the policy, then the chance of it changing is exactly zero. Not that I anticipate it will change, but I read no where in the OP's message where he threatened or was trying to be a bad ass.

If no one complains no change will ever occur.

Be professional, be educated, use tact and do not dismiss ignorance that actually does negatively impact honest public safety. Or not and all will remain the same.

The talking points of "gun prohibitions" is the impression it is a safety issue and risk.... This is a lie that keeps being repeated but it's all about feelings while ignoring the decades of peer reviewed data in the criminology field.

Last edited:

However, there is definitely ass in this thread.

Thanks for the support, Cobalt. I had no idea this simple non offensive thread would stir up a nest of arrogant know-it-alls. (And by the way, I have accumulated some property over the years and you may feel free to carry there. Unlike some, my actions and rhetoric match)

its a short drive to blue ridge if ya want some apples.

On a separate/ similar note, I have gone to Burts pumpkin patch every year for numerous years, after last year when he decided to "ban" firearms, I decided to save the gas and take my money elsewhere ( I will REALLY miss those pumpkin rolls!). I could continue to cc but its the principle behind it

Back
Top Bottom