• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Ellijay Apple Festival- no firearms policy

Whats the big deal? Conceal carry and move on. The property owners are within their rights to make the demand. You complain about someone trampling on your rights while upholding their own. Seems pretty silly to me.

I am not saying that sending the email was wrong just pointing out that you are calling someone out for upholding their own rights......

My email.......

"We will not be attending the festival this year due to your anti Second
Amendment stance. Our recent move to Ellijay was very exciting to us. Now
I'm not so sure."
...... My email:

"Please pass my concerns on to the anti Second Amendment property owners. Action, not words, determine whether one supports the Second Amendment or not."

Comments???

Oh, I will be carrying. It's just the principle that irks me.

Thanks for the support, Cobalt. I had no idea this simple non offensive thread would stir up a nest of arrogant know-it-alls. (And by the way, I have accumulated some property over the years and you may feel free to carry there. Unlike some, my actions and rhetoric match)

I find this all very confusing... perhaps I'm misreading. :confused:

They don't allow carry. Their right to do so. You took an objection to their position. I agree with your objection. You expressed your concern and stated what your ACTION will be. I concur with your stated actions. But you are still going to go? Am I misreading this?

I thought that was the definition of insanity, but your point is well taken!

Insanity...futility...one in the same as far as I am concerned. You can't change another person's mind once they set it, so trying to do so is futile.

Thanks for the support, Cobalt. I had no idea this simple non offensive thread would stir up a nest of arrogant know-it-alls. (And by the way, I have accumulated some property over the years and you may feel free to carry there. Unlike some, my actions and rhetoric match)

OK...so I am an arrogant know-it-all. Hardly...and you hardly know me, so that statement doesn't even offend me. It just seems that you know better how others should act than they do...

Whats the big deal? Conceal carry and move on. The property owners are within their rights to make the demand. You complain about someone trampling on your rights while upholding their own. Seems pretty silly to me.

I am not saying that sending the email was wrong just pointing out that you are calling someone out for upholding their own rights......

Exactly my point. The OP doesn't want his rights infringed upon, so he is willing to infringe on other's rights? Yeah...OK. That's a nice double standard. Just because another's rights don't agree with what you or I perceive to be our constitutional rights (and I do believe in the 2A), then they are in the wrong? I think not. I was just saying that there are options that we can take. Complaining to the owner or event organizer merits very little and can actually damage the public perception of those who do support the 2nd Amendment.

I exercise my 2A rights quite often...even when I am told that I can't. In the end, all the owner can do is ask me to leave his property if I am caught. But they won't catch me...unless they search me, which isn't going to happen.

They are probably following Burt's pumpkin farm lead . The Burt's do not have a problem with the 2nd amendment, they have a problem with a dumb ass that came last year with a large handgun stuck in his belt loop with no holster and was scaring the **** out of all the Moms and kids that shop there! They asked him nicely to conceal it or put it back in his cars and he flipped out about his rights! It's their right to make the rules on their property! And they are all probably Concealed carrying themselves . They're just not looking to lose business because of some D-bag pushing a point!

Is it actually the event organizers rule or the fairgrounds where its located? Iv yet to find a fairground that didnt have a no guns sign. Like I said, last year we went, and i was being lazy. we had already driven from gwinnett so we were going by God. It was a fun little festival with lots of nice folks. Got some good apple stuff and the guy selling roast corn gave me a whole kroger sack full for free because he was packing up and leaving. Just was wondering though if its a rule by the organizers or specifically just the fair grounds and all events have to adhere to their rules.

Stay at home we dont need all the leaf lookers around here anyway

Amen to that who says there is no traffic in the mountains? Idots from the flat land pulling out in front of me on my motorcycle, lost and wanting to know if they sell boiled p-nuts too! hey buddy! where is those apple farms? 75 south i think!

Back
Top Bottom