Enfield Chat.

10thmountain

Default rank 5000+ posts
American Warhorse.
121   0
Reaction score
I have been enjoying SMLEshooter SMLEshooter & enfieldguy enfieldguy discussions of 1909 Enfields and various comments about the 1918 rifle that is listed AND REALLY enjoyed....thinking about the Anniversary of the Somme.

So if you have an Enfield - any variation. Post a pic! they are fascinating and helped our British Cousins contral an empire for almost 100 years. They are still in service today and I am sure are still being used by various groups in combat as I type this.

Any of you Irag/Afghan guys ever see these? Since 1991? GW1 and GW2, Surge, Afghan operations?

Post em up!

I want one of these..

images

A confession. My name is Don, and I'm addicted to Enfield Rifles.

-No. 4 Mk 1/2 (ROF) (was my fathers - he sporterized - I restocked back to original - pictured below)
-No. 1 Mk III BSA w/ Patt 1917 bayonet
-No. 4 Mk 1* Savage (US Property) w/ Savage bayonet
-No. 5 Jungle Carbine
-No. 2 Mk 1* Enfield Pistol (just thought I'd throw that in)

Sporterized:
IMG_0905.JPG
99% Complete (sorry about orientation)
IMG_1116.JPG

image.jpeg

Have no idea what I've got exactly besides being a 1918 mkIII* no import marks and all matching #'s along with matching bayo I collect Soviet stuff so it's a little outta my realm of knowledge but still shots great and has that old school military feel I like

Rumrunner, from the holes in the nose cap ears, you appear to have an Australian Lithgow SMLE, or an SMLE from England or India that ended up in Australian service. I'm betting that it's a Lithgow, however, and the manufacturers name can be found on the right of the buttsocket under the bolt handle. The nose cap holes are a post war feature.

Rumrunner, from the holes in the nose cap ears, you appear to have an Australian Lithgow SMLE, or an SMLE from England or India that ended up in Australian service. I'm betting that it's a Lithgow, however, and the manufacturers name can be found on the right of the buttsocket under the bolt handle. The nose cap holes are a post war feature.

I'll agree with that. I might add that from the photo it appears to have a later style bolt, which would be consistent with the nose cap...

I'd be interested to see the date on the barrel.

Back
Top Bottom