• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Enfield woes....

Shemp

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
747   0
Reaction score
So I shot my jungle carbine a week or so ago and when it was running it was awesome....it's quite a thumper!

however, I had two issues. I was shooting PRVI ammo and no matter what I did the first round would just slam into the feed ramp and get stuck. Working the bolt with the heel of my hand eventually got it to feed and after the first round the rifle cycled just fine. It didn't matter how many I loaded in the mag, almost every time the first round would jam. Any ideas?

The rifle also wouldn't extract, which I traced down to a completely worn out extractor spring. I will order one from Numrich but does anyone happen to have on sitting around? I am leaving for FL on Thursday and my dad wants to shoot it. I don't think I will be able to get a spring from Numrich in time.....

Wish I knew more about the platform to help.

So will the spent casing come out of the chamber after firing?

I sometimes have the same feeding problem on my Mosin...

Wish I knew more about the platform to help.

So will the spent casing come out of the chamber after firing?

I sometimes have the same feeding problem on my Mosin...

It just sort of dribbles out....i can work the extractor with my pinky so the spring is definitely wore out

Do you have another magazine to swap? There might be dirt in the magazine. You also have to be careful with how you load it, especially with the possibility of the rims catching on each other if you don't stack them correctly in the magazine.

Do you have another magazine to swap? There might be dirt in the magazine. You also have to be careful with how you load it, especially with the possibility of the rims catching on each other if you don't stack them correctly in the magazine.

Unfortunately just one mag...

You might find a Ga collector with spare parts by posting on Jouster or the CMP site.

Good luck, and enjoy the time with your Dad.

Unfortunately just one mag...
Ah that stinks. Just means you need to buy more Enfields. It sounds like maybe your follower is getting stuck or doesn't have enough tension to get the tip of the bullet high enough to feed. Watch what happens as you close the bolt slowly. I have heard of instances where the tip of the bullet doesn't clear the front part of the magazine. Sometimes the ammo you use makes a difference too. I.e. Romanian new production 8mm is much shorter than Yugo surplus.

Back
Top Bottom