error letter question

abailey362

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
215   0
Reaction score
Got an error letter for a SpectreII that i have pending, and not sure what to do with it. All that is in the envelope is the error letter. It tells me to correct the info in the following areas, but i don't have the form to correct it on and resubmit.
The place doing the transfer for me must have screwed it up. When i went to submit that one, and pick up another, the owner wasn't there and another guy filled out the paperwork. smh

2b - county missing
4d incorrect description
Trst name and transferee/applican't sname must match.

Man, I hate those types of screw ups. PITA. The ATF are sticklers for exact information though. Any variance from what's in the system and they will kick it back. I had all 3 of my 5320's kicked back because I listed the length of my SBR at 23" instead of 24". Had to fill them out all over again and fax them back to the lady. They did call and were really nice about it and it was completely my fault but they do take that stuff seriously.

Good luck. :thumb:

Man, I hate those types of screw ups. PITA. The ATF are sticklers for exact information though. Any variance from what's in the system and they will kick it back. I had all 3 of my 5320's kicked back because I listed the length of my SBR at 23" instead of 24". Had to fill them out all over again and fax them back to the lady. They did call and were really nice about it and it was completely my fault but they do take that stuff seriously.

Good luck. :thumb:

How do they know 23" isnt accurate because muzzle devices arent always the same length?

They should have already contacted the location that is holding your can, ie the guys that filled out the form incorrectly in the first place. Contact them and they should be able to make the corrections. Good luck.

Muzzle devices are not part of over all length ?
They r part of it, that's y a sbr with a 12.5' barrel can have an overall length of 26, 27, 28 etc. from the "most extreme ends". That's y I asked, obviously an a2 flash hider isn't the same length as a noveske kx5, so on and so forth.

You are supposed to notify ATF when you change your NFA weapon's caliber or dimensions and thus make your original transfer form inaccurate.
I always consider such accessory-swapping "temporary" and don't notify them. But that DUTY on your part to accurately list your OAL even if it changes is what ATF would say justifies rejecting a transfer / interstate movement due to the discrepancy.

Muzzle devices are not part of over all length ?
No the overall length is not counting the muzzle device and it's to be stated as the shortest possible length. In the end they only know what you tell them. If you file your SBR with a stated length of "X" then from that point on unless you tell them otherwise then that's what they work off of.

They should have already contacted the location that is holding your can, ie the guys that filled out the form incorrectly in the first place. Contact them and they should be able to make the corrections. Good luck.

I emailed him yesterday and he hasn't gotten it yet. hopefully it will show up there and get processed out quickly.

Back
Top Bottom