• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Ever gotten the urge to sell em all and start over.

"Ever gotten the urge to sell em all and start over."

Too old to start over and I wouldn't like buying some of what I have been able to get at today's prices.

If you are going to part with them, think about what you would want and try to trade some of them. By doing that you won't lose your ass nearly so much. Everyone keeps saying it is a bad time to sail, and I will agree, but on the flip side it is a great time to buy.

Have I ever thought of sailing them all? No.

Maybe you just need to take a break. Lock them all up. Step outside and enjoy nature. Go for hikes in the mountains, fishing, etc. Do this for a few months.
Then, walk through downtown Atl alone and unarmed at night.
I bet you will come back refreshed and proud of your collection with a new zest for edc.

Yeah I probably do need to divert a little of my focus I spend on forums and such and actually enjoy the world around me. I will take a raincheck on that walk through Atlanta.

How do you lose passion for carrying? I don't personally do it as a passion, or for enjoyment, it's more of a necessity. A tool you hope you'll never need. Sounds like you are in a psychological rut man, and I doubt selling your stuff will get you out of it. Maybe it's just seasonal depression or something. Some warm weather might snap you out of it.

Yeah this is probably it. I am about to start a new job and little league so hopefully that will give me the mood boost I'm looking for. I know that selling and buying anything is a temp high that never last. Ive fought those before.

It would be very difficult and much more expensive to start over. The milsurp market is really thin and prices are alot higher now. A few items simply aren't available.

Reactions: MRH
Dive into something you've always admired but never got around to doing. I was getting bored and decided to get into 1911's, something I always wanted to do but never got around to it. I have learned quite a bit in a pretty short while. It is refreshing, interesting and has renewed my passion. I have learned what I like or don't like (for now) and a ton of history I never knew before. The only downfall of 1911's is they can be pricey! I'm also getting back into flintlock rifles, something I used to really dig and for whatever reason got away from a few years back. There's always something new to learn. Gotta keep it interesting!

It would be very difficult, and much more expensive to start over. The milsurp market is really thin and prices are alot higher now. A few items simply aren't available.

25 years ago milsurp stuff was so awesome. Especially for an 18 year old with very limited funds...Nowadays it costs as much as new stuff, and you nailed it. It has thinned out tremendously.

25 years ago milsurp stuff was so awesome. Especially for an 18 year old with very limited funds...Nowadays it costs as much as new stuff, and you nailed it. It has thinned out tremendously.

For sure. I wouldnt be able to afford my stuff at today's prices

I was out of work for 6 months due to back surgery and had to sell all of my guns. I will say, it has been more fun narrowing things down and getting everything how I want it this time around. I know what I used, what just sat there, and what I got just because I thought it was cool till I finally had one.

Do it.

Back
Top Bottom