• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Ever gotten the urge to sell em all and start over.

Ive sold off most of my stock. But it was to put money into my dads truck that I bought from him. It was the easiest way to free up cash for it.
Really and truly I dont miss it, I still have my carry pistol, pocket gun and one of my unicorns. I dont even have a rifle at this point, nor do I worry about it.

Like any hobby, you can loose the thrill and hit a slump. I would suggest walking away for 6 months then returning. If you don't feel the same, slowly start culling the herd.

You've touched briefly on the online forum thing. Yes, checking a hobby forum (car, truck, boat,Gun forum) multiple times a day for XXX time will burn you out. Try taking a 6 month brake from this as well.

I've owned one of every random gun that pops up on the ODT over the years.

Junky WASR, rough Mosin, rusty 870, finicky S&W snub, amateur 'smithed AR, jam o' matic RIA 1911, inaccurate Marlin 60, flimsy Savage Axis, out-of-timing Colt Cobra, etc, etc, etc...

Some time back I realized I was housing a handful of "okay" guns that were mostly fun to know that I own, where I'd rather have just a couple "great" guns that actually have a purpose. I've sold off most all of the "collection" at this point.

I decided *for me* that means a Gen 4 Glock 19, Glock 43, and Colt AR 6720.

I'm still on the fence on whether I want to add another shotgun in the mix, and if I do it'll either be a brand new 500 or 870.

The forum thing is serious. I bought a '14 4Runner last year and loved it until I joined a 4Runner forum. I then learned that the tires are no good, the headlights are sub-par, and on and on.

You could make a case that the internet has ruined everything.

Back
Top Bottom