Ever gotten the urge to sell em all and start over.

Ive sold off most of my stock. But it was to put money into my dads truck that I bought from him. It was the easiest way to free up cash for it.
Really and truly I dont miss it, I still have my carry pistol, pocket gun and one of my unicorns. I dont even have a rifle at this point, nor do I worry about it.

Like any hobby, you can loose the thrill and hit a slump. I would suggest walking away for 6 months then returning. If you don't feel the same, slowly start culling the herd.

You've touched briefly on the online forum thing. Yes, checking a hobby forum (car, truck, boat,Gun forum) multiple times a day for XXX time will burn you out. Try taking a 6 month brake from this as well.

I've owned one of every random gun that pops up on the ODT over the years.

Junky WASR, rough Mosin, rusty 870, finicky S&W snub, amateur 'smithed AR, jam o' matic RIA 1911, inaccurate Marlin 60, flimsy Savage Axis, out-of-timing Colt Cobra, etc, etc, etc...

Some time back I realized I was housing a handful of "okay" guns that were mostly fun to know that I own, where I'd rather have just a couple "great" guns that actually have a purpose. I've sold off most all of the "collection" at this point.

I decided *for me* that means a Gen 4 Glock 19, Glock 43, and Colt AR 6720.

I'm still on the fence on whether I want to add another shotgun in the mix, and if I do it'll either be a brand new 500 or 870.

The forum thing is serious. I bought a '14 4Runner last year and loved it until I joined a 4Runner forum. I then learned that the tires are no good, the headlights are sub-par, and on and on.

You could make a case that the internet has ruined everything.

Back
Top Bottom