• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Ever have a turkey walk right into your lap?

Comanche

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
124   0
Reaction score
With turkey season coming soon I’m hoping Incan get in the woods this season.

I’ll never forget the time I was near a creek bottom and called a few hens over a knoll.
I was tucked into a laurel bush with the branches overhanging me.
I’d call when they were over the knoll and they would come running and clucking.
They couldn’t see me with my leafy camo head to toe.
It was driving them crazy.
They would leave and I would call again.
Finally one came right into the bush I was under and literally backed up into my lap, stood there for a few seconds and clucked again then walked off.
I always regret not grabbing it with both hands just to scare the living daylights out of it but I didn’t want to scar it for life and fear man iver that so I left it alone.

That was a cool experience.

Almost as awesome as the squirrel that used my head as a platform to jump from stump to stump….haha.

That squirrel thing was funny. Had you grabbed that turkey, you might have gotten more than you bargained for.
I think the closest one I ever had was @ 15'. I was in camo, deer hunting. It wasn't happy with itself when it figured out I was there

I had a hen get within a a few feet of me one evening hunt late in the season a few years ago. I could've grabbed her she was that close. I had some birds in ky fly down right over me this past spring. He was maybe 8ft off the ground when he went over me, I still manged to not kill one of the 3 Toms I saw that morning 🤦‍♂️. This past fall I had one walk by my blind so close he brushed up against it.

Pic is right before he got up to my blind.
20231007_074419.jpg

Back
Top Bottom