• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Ever seen someone kicked off a range?

And that is why I like NGC. They don't allow idiots in there....Well, they may let them in, but they don't last long.

Not trying to sound like a Clint Eastwood, but had I not removed my sidearm in the car before entering, he would have been shot! I have only had to pull my weapon a few times and none of them was because someone drew on me first...if that happens, i'll either get shot first or be the one doing the shooting!

OH, yea.
have seen several asked to vacate the premises!
I think any range that is properly supervised has asked people to leave.
usually it goes first with a warning and maybe reading the rules again, then second time Possibly another warning, many times its heave ho time right then depending on the problem.
saw people asked to leave for;
Pointing weapons other than down range, shooting (or trying) to gangsta style (pistol / rifle ) sideways held over the head. one guy was in a wheel chair and kept pointing the handgun towards the door as he reloaded it, 2 warnings and good buy, it would scare the hell out of people coming into the range. I want safety first!
I do not frequent a couple of local ranges due to the Wild West supervision of the shooters in the range.

Stateline needs to chime in here. I know he has to have some great stories from the PSA range. I've seen some genuine imbeciles there. Sadly, some of the worst weapons discipline I've ever seen has been by LEOs there.

I once saw a group of about ten foreigners walk right out on a full Dekalb County firing to range check their targets. Saturday afternoon at 100% capacity most people kept shooting and the range master started screaming "cease fire cease fire " through the pa system and just threw down the microphone and ran outside and basically dragged them off the range.
I guess they thought that is how it's done.

I happened to be along PIB one day near Norcross and I stopped in the Norcross Gun Club and Range. I noticed a considerable amount of Asian people standing outside and when I walked in the place was PACKED with Asians. Nothing against em but not a lick of English was being spoken and it just caught me off guard. For whatever reason there was a small table set up just inside the door with some revolvers on sale being laid out for display. People were handling them and then one of the guys who couldn't have been but maybe 17-18 years old turns around with a stainless Smith 44 mag and points it at me and goes "Bang Bang Bang". Squeezed the trigger like 4 times. I grabbed the dude up by the collar of his shirt and the asians went nuts! Screaming and grabbing at me and all I could think was what if some idiot dropped a live round in that gun. Needless to say some of the folks behind the counter stepped out and separated us and told the party to leave the store. They apologized multiple times to me and I was understanding but that is the only time i've seen it happen.

Wow, that is messed up. He deserved an ass kicking for sure.

I happened to be along PIB one day near Norcross and I stopped in the Norcross Gun Club and Range. I noticed a considerable amount of Asian people standing outside and when I walked in the place was PACKED with Asians. Nothing against em but not a lick of English was being spoken and it just caught me off guard. For whatever reason there was a small table set up just inside the door with some revolvers on sale being laid out for display. People were handling them and then one of the guys who couldn't have been but maybe 17-18 years old turns around with a stainless Smith 44 mag and points it at me and goes "Bang Bang Bang". Squeezed the trigger like 4 times. I grabbed the dude up by the collar of his shirt and the asians went nuts! Screaming and grabbing at me and all I could think was what if some idiot dropped a live round in that gun. Needless to say some of the folks behind the counter stepped out and separated us and told the party to leave the store. They apologized multiple times to me and I was understanding but that is the only time i've seen it happen.

Similar thing happened to me at Hi Caliber. If any of youhavent been there, its a fairly small place packed full of stuff . They have 3 or 4 racks of rifles amd shotguns out on the showroom floor. There must have been 25 asians in there, nearly all of them waiving guns around. I pretty much left immediately.

I pulled people twice. First time was night iteration CQB. I made up some terms to check and no one questioned me. I told them we were about to go in with live rounds with nods and no one questioned stuff I just made up. Instead of going live, they did push-ups until I got bored. Other time was a new Ranger during building clearing. Generally, you never go administrative during a shoot. I grabbed the young man.. In the middle of the shoot, in the most unfriendly terms, told him to exit the building and wait for me to finish so I can come keep kill him when we finished. The commander was right behind me and didn't utter one word

Back
Top Bottom