• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Ever seen someone kicked off a range?

I'm thankful that I get to manage a 30 acre private tract with a nice outdoor range....totally private.

I can shoot as many friggin rounds per second as I want into a very large backstop with nobody popping a neck artery nor do I have to worry about some butt squeeze pointing a gun at me with their finger on the trigger through the partition....ahhhh so nice.

I have yet to see anyone kicked off a range but I have seen people who should have been. I was at one outdoor range where they tell you if you want to change targets it is your responsibility to tell the others and call a cease fire. Next thing I know this idiot next to me and his son are walking down range. I immediately made safe and ran to the other shooters to inform them to do the same. I guess he figured as long as he stayed in his lane he would be fine. Not a single person knew that he was going to put up a target.

this thread delivers!!! I haven't seen anyone kicked off, thankfully, but I did see something pretty funny. I was at SSGC setting up to shoot when I noticed the pair next to me was shooting a pump BB GUN rifle!!!!!!!

I have yet to see anyone kicked off a range but I have seen people who should have been. I was at one outdoor range where they tell you if you want to change targets it is your responsibility to tell the others and call a cease fire. Next thing I know this idiot next to me and his son are walking down range. I immediately made safe and ran to the other shooters to inform them to do the same. I guess he figured as long as he stayed in his lane he would be fine. Not a single person knew that he was going to put up a target.
Had a similar occurence about a year or so ago at Charlie Elliot; we were at the pistol range, about 3-4 shooters to the far right, I was in the middle, and a guy to the far left. Just after he laid out all of his gear (AR15 & accessories), he grabs his targets and heads down-range while range was hot & several folks shooting.

I noticed him out of the corner of my eye, yelled "Cease fire" at least 2 or 3 times at the top of my lungs; the guys to the right began looking at me like I was retarded, I pointed over to the guy out on the range to my left, then they got it.

Apparently hearing my screams, the range officer made his way from the shack, had a few words with him that I couldn't make out, guy nodded, range officer went back to his shack & we went hot again..... then I left

Back
Top Bottom