Everybody is SELLING, Nobody is BUYING... So

From the looks of the background, he looks like he's gonna be a future 'smith too: @Nonliberal, watch out!
Yes sir! He's got a bag full of tools that he gets out and he does some serious work at that bench. He also likes to "trick" me into sticking my finger under his little chop saw so he can drop it down and make me holler! LOL

If you have a listing that has a used value of $750. You list FS/FT. Trade value listed as $750 but you'll take $500 cash for a quick sale. If you have the trade value listed the same as the cash price, you'll get trade offers for much less than the used value. So who gets the trade in my favor in that deal? The higher trade value makes sense to me.
What you're saying makes sense, but that's not usually how it happens around here.

Usually a person lists their cash price at (or above) fair market value, and then lists the trade value even higher.

Nobody is buying cause everyone pricing **** through the roof here.

PM9s for $600.
PSA AR for $650
RAS47 for $650
Glocks for $600
Sigs for $1200
Shields for $350
Walthers PPS for $400
Banned AKs for $1400
C308 for $800.

Then you have 10% ok prices
Then you have 2-4% good deals, 0% chance of you getting on that deal because it's just going to be snatched and show up soon on odt for 50% higher listing.

Sound about right?
Amen

I did a trade last week with a newer guy to ODT. Great guy also. He told me that he didn't feel right that the trade was heavily in his favor. He had what I wanted and I had what he wanted, so I told it was fair to me. I love what I got out of it and traded a rifle that I would really never use for one that I will, that's what trading is, you know.

I got him the gun set and caps at Academy in Athens. I was surprised as heck too that they still make that stuff for kids.

I gotta tell you though, the caps are lame. I remember getting caps when I was a kid that would ring your ears. The caps I got him aren't much louder than the sound of the hammer of the gun dropping.

Make your ears ring and you could smell the powder. When I got older I started hitting them with a hammer to see how many I could get to go off at once

Make your ears ring and you could smell the powder
Funny you mentioned the smell. They actually smell the same as the ones we all had as kids. They just aren't as loud.

When he first got the guns, he immediately duel wield rapid fired both of them and then handed them to @GlockGirl for a reload. She opened the cylinder, caught a whiff of it and started smiling and said she loved that smell.

I just laughed because I knew exactly what she was talking about. I'm sure everybody here remembers that smell from childhood.

Back
Top Bottom