• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

EVs are NOT America's future!

Cause they're too expensive!
I'd say anything without a computer is safe. Old school carbed. But if it's got a computer it's not safe. Sorry to burst your bubble. There have been cases of vehicles in the year range you've mentioned being remotely shut down by hackers, finance companies, the dealership, etc. If it's got a computer it can be done. Even much easier on vehicles with built in GPS, WiFi, etc.

Now, chances are slim of course that somebody would want to target a regular Joe, but yes it is possible.
I'd like to see anyone hack into my Gen I 4Runner. You'd need a TRS80 running Fortran in Japanese or something.

Of course, my old Jeep breaks down on its own without the hacking, so...

Exactly. So the EV drivers who never have to stop for fuel all week long, for months even until they go on the occasional road trip are saving a ton of time. Good point, and another win for EV drivers.
And yet....here you are. Still pumping that gasoline baby!

1711077057045.png

Actually with those requirements the best choice would be a PHEV, you would truly get the best of both worlds and when your batteries stop working all together you can still use the engine if you can find fuel.
Yeah... well... except for the fact that gasoline is dangerous & flammable... :)
payneed theme song.jpg

Ya'll EVangelists don't care about children in the Congo according to Fobes. I guess if they aren't Palestinian kids no one cares.

And I bet the current administration had nothing to do with this decision.....right....

You forgot one thing our environment tearing the world up for a small amount of rare elements to make these batteries ( unsustainable)

Not a good argument since EVs make up such a small amount of the demand for these materials. The majority are going towards cell phones, laptops, tablets, tools, and other consumer electronics which have a much shorter lifespan than EVs and are more likely to end up in a landfill than EV batteries.

Even if every vehicle in the world were an EV, the percentage needed still wouldn’t compare.

It's a fragile system. I deal with power outages enough to know that EVs are a terrible choice, not to mention the fact that they are never 100% under your control.

I can store gas, I can't store electrons...at least not in the quantity and amperage I would need.

How does one purchase gasoline without electricity?

When the SHTF and the .gov shuts your car off remotely it won't matter. I'd rather have 1000 miles worth of fuel stored and another 500 in the vehicles. The push for more EVs by the .gov isn't to enhance citizen independence.

If SHTF and the government shuts down vehicles, roads will be impassable to vehicles traffic and you won’t be driving 15 miles much less 1500.

In that scenario where 90% of the population has lost transportation, how long do you think you will keep you vehicle, your stored fuel, your life? Where exactly would you be needing to drive?

Pretty much any vehicle sold over the last 5 years can be remotely disabled, and many of them over the last 10.

Not a good argument since EVs make up such a small amount of the demand for these materials. The majority are going towards cell phones, laptops, tablets, tools, and other consumer electronics which have a much shorter lifespan than EVs and are more likely to end up in a landfill than EV batteries.

Even if every vehicle in the world were an EV, the percentage needed still wouldn’t compare.
But..But...what about the children!!!

Back
Top Bottom