• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Excited n just want to share

I guess this is only a very small part, but part of the class should be illuminating the students current state of preparedness after they walk into the class. A mountaineering friend of mine in Germany refused to go on climbs and hikes with anyone that was ignorant enough to own a pair of cotton socks, and yeah, he'd ask you.

Congrats, and good luck.

I think learning to be a survival medic would be a huge asset. Learn about types of medicines and homeopathic remedies for common illnesses. I think being sick in a survival situation would suck, and it's not a matter of if it happens, it's a matter of when. Learn about treating/preventing things like Influenza.

Awesome SJ!
This is a huge topic area, so need to establish the limits and focus areas....

Like, 1 hour hands on sessions on a particular skill, or
A comprehensive all day seminar.

What type of survival.... wilderness, post apocalypse....etc.

I've got a seminar I can send you on CD that I have been teaching.
It's about 60Mb... use what you want from it.

I organize by the 8 suvival priorities, and each can be a separate class by itself.
Then add in supporting skills/topics:

1. S.T.O.P. (Stop. Think. Observe. Plan)
2. First Aid
3. Shelter
4. Fire
5. Signalling
6. Water
7. Food
8. 101 uses for tube socks

Supporting topics are things like
BOB/GHB ---- the essentials
Environments/situations
Navigation
Security

Last edited:
Here is the deal TRUPREP will be offering. You take the class and when completed you get a certificate of completion. Then they also give you a gift card or some kind of voucher for store credit in the amount of the class. So its kind of a 2fer

Congrats Man! That sounds like a really cool opportunity to teach people who are interested in the skill set.

I might add at least some cordage to the stainless steel bottle/bush knife. And a black trash bag can be hugely helpful. Of course there's duct tape and tin foil and a mouse trap... and on and on. Where do you stop the list? :)

I think I saw bushcraft on the list too- I'm assuming shelter related construction and snares. Just showing some of the people how to pick wood for a fire and basic ways to lay up a fire would be good.

911, I agree about the importance of cordage but those 3 things are "don't get caught without em" I mean sure u can boil water in a mud hole with hot rocks but who wants to? Making cordage out of plant fiber is easily mastered and like you said its really easy to add to those 3 minimum items

911, I agree about the importance of cordage but those 3 things are "don't get caught without em" I mean sure u can boil water in a mud hole with hot rocks but who wants to? Making cordage out of plant fiber is easily mastered and like you said its really easy to add to those 3 minimum items

I have to agree- those three basic things are the hardest to find a substitute for in the wild. My suggestions were definitely luxuries compared to the absolute necessities.

I was kind of thinking if you're willing to carry the weight of a stainless water bottle, why not have a stainless water bottle wrapped in 550 cord. Of course, if you expound on that idea you'll be carrying a tent and lantern pretty quick.

Back
Top Bottom