• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Excuses excuses...

Just1more

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
Retired
220   0
Reaction score
ever curious why someone would make a comment in an ad saying they have no $ to purchase an item but have their own post in the WTB section? That one stumps me.

Ever curious why someone would say "just need to clean out the safe or need to thin the herd" but lists trades in their own ad? Why not just say, "I don't like the gun so I'm going to sell or trade it" ?

Why all the empty excuses?

Sometimes "thinning the herd" means getting rid of one of a type of firearm. There are times when I've had 5 1911's and need to thin them down. I prefer cash, but sometimes I'm looking for something specific.

Mostly I NEED to thin the herd, but then I WANT something I see.

wish i had cash to throw away = i would buy your overpriced gun...i think i will wait for a fair price, not the land of OZ,crazy, overpriced,you must have held your breath as a kid price.
thinning the herd with trades = my wife says i need to sell some of my guns. but if you have a cool new one, i will risk it and trade.:boink:

ever curious why someone would make a comment in an ad saying they have no $ to purchase an item but have their own post in the WTB section? That one stumps me.

Ever curious why someone would say "just need to clean out the safe or need to thin the herd" but lists trades in their own ad? Why not just say, "I don't like the gun so I'm going to sell or trade it" ?

Why all the empty excuses?

Maybe there could be another mandatory line to fill out on the Classified ad?:tape2:

Reason for selling;
Lost job; Those that never thought it was never going to rain.
Vacation; If you are that broke, you should stay home.
Baby on the way. If you are that broke you shouldn't be reproducing.:doh:
Power bill is due. Wow I get one every month, but they always seem to sneak up on me.:shocked:
Seeing what's out there. I really just want to have a pen pal and waste other people's time.:wacko:
Selling for a friend; These are the best.:wacko:

Back
Top Bottom