• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Experimenting with appendix carry

This thread has gone cold for a while so I figured I'd update it with a few very well done (IMO) upgrades for those carrying a Sig P365XL or P365.

To appease the appendix portion, you can see my 365XL with R0 fits just fine in the T1 Axis slim. Great light weight summer carry and still packing plenty of rounds.

I have sweaty hands. That's just a fact. So I was looking into some options for the 365XL to remedy that and came across the Americor laser stippled grip module. It's pricey but it's the module with the mag release already installed which is about $50 retail off the bat. They do a great job of prepping the module and the laser stippling is flawless. It's applied to the sides and the forward thumb rest areas. They have several patterns to choose from but I went with the "burst" pattern as it closely resembles the same pattern Wilson Combat uses on their grips and it's designed to help you retain control during firing. It works fantastic without chewing you up during EDC.

They have them pre-stippled ready to ship or you can send them your module also if you want to wait. Again, it's not an inexpensive upgrade but it made a difference for me when running drills using my 365XL as a primary SD weapon and it looks pretty cool too. Some materiel is removed during the process but not enough to create flex or other issues as far as I can tell.

https://www.americormfg.com/sig-sauer-stippling

The second upgrade was the magazine base pads from Tactical Development. The factory 12 round mags for the XL sit flush to just slightly recessed in the grip of the 365XL and I found I was having to take extra time to be sure a mag was seating properly during reload drills. There just wasn't enough base plate to be able to palm slam the mag into place and be 100% it seated every time. I also noticed that when pulling the spare mag out of the mag holster (especially from under clothing) there wasn't a lot of real estate to get a hold of the mag securely. Thirdly, there is literally no good way to quickly strip a stuck 12 round mag out of a 365XL. Again, just not enough to grab onto. In comes the TD base plates.

The base pads from TD aren't cheap but they are an excellent choice to remedy both of the issues I had without adding much length, width or weight to the mags. They are a simple replacement for the factory base plate and are very well done. They don't add capacity, that's not the purpose for them. They do add just a little more space for your pinky finger and I have not noticed any pinching or issues during firing or re-loading. The base pads simply remove the 3 issues I discussed above without creating new issues with concealment, function or weight. Hopefully this info is useful to someone else.

https://tactical.dev/collections/p365/products/sig-p365-xl-pinky-plus

365 1.jpg
365 2.jpg
365 3.jpg
365 4.jpg

Back
Top Bottom