• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Experimenting with appendix carry

Porter Rockwell

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
93   0
Reaction score
Lost just enough of the fat gut to make appendix carry possible. So I’m experimenting with it. It’s comforable physically- but still not comfortable mentally. Don’t like where it points.

You guys that carry this way- any holster recommendations ? any other ideas or ways to make this more physically comfortable ? The mental part- I just got to get over.

Lost just enough of the fat gut to make appendix carry possible. So I’m experimenting with it. It’s comforable physically- but still not comfortable mentally. Don’t like where it points.

You guys that carry this way- any holster recommendations ? any other ideas or ways to make this more physically comfortable ? The mental part- I just got to get over.

buy a good GUN belt. ( not something from Walmart or kohl's) leather or nylon.
I seriously recommend getting a designated AIWB holster with some sort of Claw to push agains the belt.
Lastly figure out where the Gun sits best on you, some people carry right at 12 oclock, others at 1 or 2.

I don't want to get comfortable with it mentally. I'm still not and I've been carrying that way for maybe 8 years now. The day I get comfortable is the day I shoot myself.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Vedder lite tuck holster with claw. The best appendix holster IMO hands down. And I have tried ALOT of them. My next recommendation would be the Trex sidecar holster.

Reactions: GFB
If you're being safe carrying strong side hip what difference does it make carrying appendix? I see dudes sweep themselves and point the ****ing gun at themselves when they can't find the opening of the holster carrying 4 o'clock. Point being you know how to manipulate the gun, I wouldn't let it bother you too much. That being said, others have mentioned investing in a gun belt and a good AIWB specific holster. That couldn't be any wiser. Couple of holsters I've used are the RCS Eidolon and for the past 2.5 years I've been using a Henry Holster. I carry a Glock 17 + x300u daily with zero issues.

As far as belts are concerned I've used an SOE duty belt for the 2.5 years and had fantastic results. I've lost a bunch of weight and the belt is just too big for me. I've been using the Blue Alpha low pro edc belt for a few days now and I'm digging it so far. Bladetech also makes a good one, I can't remember the model but it's got some ratchet system in the buckle. It'll take a little getting used to, I think for the first week the pressure a 1 o'clock was a little annoying but I feel uncomfortable without it there now. Have fun with it. I can't tell you how much more beneficial, to me anyway, AIWB is now. I can conceal a full size with no issues and the draw is significantly faster.

20181208_172214.jpg

I'd recommend this: (shameless plug, lol)
https://www.theoutdoorstrader.com/threads/fs-vp9-surefire-x300-t-rex-arms-sidecar-holster.1835442/

But seriously, I've been very impressed with both the T-Rex Sidecar and the Tier 1 Concealed Axis Slim - either of those are what I use all the time.
I'd like to try the Tier 1 as the design makes sense. I've been running the Sidecars for a while and just got a 43 so I'm ordering another one. I love them but I am a bit biased as I know Lucas and he has come to my house to help me with my pistol shooting. He's a good dude that gets unwarranted flack. 95% of that is jealousy IMO, so I am happy to support him where I can.
IMG_20161002_144634.jpeg
IMG_20171001_123647.jpeg

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom