• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Experimenting with appendix carry

I've used them in the past but I prefer the rigidity of the clips. IME the loops allowed for too much "play" in the holster both up and down (drawing and re-holstering) and side to side unless I had my belt so tight it wasn't comfortable for long periods without me messing with it constantly.

I also just could never completely trust the snaps. That seems counter intuitive since it took an act of God to unsnap the damn things unless you did it just right but either way I just never felt that if I was hands on with someone rolling around on the ground or wrestling for control that the snaps wouldn't get caught and un-snap.

I am curious t hear your assessment. I know you really put the holsters to real time functional testing in many scenarios.

those are good points too for clips! I’ve always used em but figured I’d try the loops since I had em and have not tried em before

Great, now I gotta go buy something else.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
Just wait till you try a shoulder holster. Them girls gonna come a runnin'.

johnson.jpg

View attachment 2519928 I have heard from several of the “pros” that soft loops are more duarable and less likely to fail than plastic clips so I am Trying those out on this holster and I like em. Easier to put on and off and Maybe even a bit more comfortable. Any of y’all prefer soft loops over plastic clips?
I switched to pull-the-dot snap loops a while ago, and won’t go back to clips. I’ve had clips pop off my belt, or do other funky things when practicing draws.

Looks like you have a good fit, but for the poster who had them move around too much: I wear a 1.25” belt, and I trimmed the loop lengths to fit, then punched new holes for the snaps. I get zero movement, & the gun rides in the same position all day every day. The snaps can be a little tight at first, but they break in quickly, and as long as you “pull the dot” and snap in reverse, they are easy on, easy off, but secure in between.

Morning gents! I thought I would update everyone on my appendix set-up. I finally found the perfect holster (for me) after years of searching! The Tier One Axis Elite, I’m actually glad I waited a bit to get one because they actually had made the light bearing Elite for the P10c by the time I got around to ordering one. Been carrying it for two weeks now and absolutely love it! I got the wedge kit for it as well and, it really helps add an extra layer of comfort and conceal-ability. Definitely recommend it! Here are a couple pics of the set-up
5D756D61-A563-4B06-A3E2-325B835AEA4F.jpeg
52C4D3FE-1858-4CEE-8EDA-2736D12F25E5.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom