• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Experimenting with appendix carry

So....tier1 axis slim still reigning champ. I received my TXC ally holster and tried it on. Ride height too high and makes for top heavy feel (ride height not adjustable). Actually more bulge than the axis slim and not as comfortable Or concealable. Also more challenging to put on or take off. As it stands, the tier1 products are still the best in my experience. I was expecting better from the TXC ally. Just wanted to share for what it’s worth fellas
How much higher does it sit compared to T1C? May help you establish your grip faster.

I carry appendix, but STRICTLY DA/SA, revolvers, or DAO. If I have something striker fired or SA only I appendix carry in a canted crossdraw. (Think Angel Eyes in good, bad, ugly). I do "trigger time" nightly. I take my weapon and practice draws and dryfire. There is just nothing that I can do to get on target faster. I love how accessible it is. I also notice whenever I'm scanned by security persons, leo, or just random people who seem to look me over they always look at my hips. "No hip bulge, no gun." I also feel that if I'm thrown in a chokehold or happen to be eating dirt my hands will still be able to work from appendix position.
Speed
Concealment
Accessibility

As another poster mentioned....I don't wear my buckle dead center either.

I threw on a pair of jeans and a cheap belt to demonstrate. Normally I use a much better quality belt. Although I can carry with this holster in sweatpants. I have done it before.

View attachment 1928936 View attachment 1928937

That's an interesting-looking Holster--Who's the maker? Thanks

Attachments

• 1228181100a_HDR-1.jpg
    1228181100a_HDR-1.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 21
I appendix carry in a Comfort Cling holster from Clinger Holsters. I originally bought the holster for my Sig P938; and it worked great. I now carry my Taurus G2C w/laser in the same holster; and it works just fine. The first thing you will notice about the holster is that it does not have belt hooks. In my mind, that is a big advantage.....everything conceals much better without the bulky hooks printing under your cover garment. The outer surface of the holster is somewhat tacky; and I have never had any problems with it shifting from where I place it.
Here is a pretty good little video showing how it works.

I appendix carry in a Comfort Cling holster from Clinger Holsters. I originally bought the holster for my Sig P938; and it worked great. I now carry my Taurus G2C w/laser in the same holster; and it works just fine. The first thing you will notice about the holster is that it does not have belt hooks. In my mind, that is a big advantage.....everything conceals much better without the bulky hooks printing under your cover garment. The outer surface of the holster is somewhat tacky; and I have never had any problems with it shifting from where I place it.
Here is a pretty good little video showing how it works.

That is called Mexican carry.

Back
Top Bottom