• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Explain the insult

Somebody called me an asshole once,it was a mod,i never recovered....
gender neutral.png

Jabbed, pure blood, the vaxxed…all pretty cringey insults / slang.

Everyone gets so heated over the word fudd. It’s because 80% of this forum are fudds, and they hate it when they are reminded. Fudd is my absolute favorite.

Let’s make F**ktard and window licker great again.
Fudd really is a moving goal post though.

My definition is “I support the 2A, but…” if you use that in a sentence or say anything remotely positive about the ATF, you’re a fudd.
Yes, that is what I used to understand. But I have seen too many times if you would find some enjoyment from firearms of your father's generation (or past) then you're a Fudd. I think it's more liberally used by the sorts of people who wear plates and a chest rig to go zero a rifle. I did so much shooting in the military it near ruined it for me, but reconnecting to what I enjoyed about shooting as a kid brought me back. Like you, I carried all the "cool" stuff for work and thank God I never have to do that again. Someone called me a Euro-Fudd. I enjoyed that a lot since I have never even posted photos of my Blaser on here. That might make me a super-Fudd.

Yes, that is what I used to understand. But I have seen too many times if you would find some enjoyment from firearms of your father's generation (or past) then you're a Fudd. I think it's more liberally used by the sorts of people who wear plates and a chest rig to go zero a rifle. I did so much shooting in the military it near ruined it for me, but reconnecting to what I enjoyed about shooting as a kid brought me back. Like you, I carried all the "cool" stuff for work and thank God I never have to do that again. Someone called me a Euro-Fudd. I enjoyed that a lot since I have never even posted photos of my Blaser on here. That might make me a super-Fudd.

You can enjoy all that. I have no issue with loving a pre 64 win model 70 or shooting lever gun or a nice over under. The only issue is that there are a lot guys who shoot that stuff and then thumb their nose in the air when they see someone shooting an AR or AK.

It’s not the weapon. It’s the people shooting them. I guess with your example it’s the reverse. Now the military / tactical crowd are overly sensitive and call anyone a fudd who doesn’t have an AR, Glock, and benelli M4 as standard issue. Lol

Fudd to me is anyone who doesn’t 100% support the second amendment regardless of the weapon.

Back
Top Bottom