• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

FA Parts - We Self Regulate Out of Fear and Misinterpretation

That's something I always wondered about. There's a guy named Norell that made FA trigger packs for 10/22s. I studied up on them years ago when I had more money and credit. I always thought a FA 10/22 would be the ultimate full auto gun to own. Anyway as of 2 or maybe 3 years ago this Norell guy or his company STILL released maybe half a dozen transferable trigger pack every year. How in the hell does or did he have that many papered housings or trigger packs left over from 86?

Were they law letter or non law letter? Basically, were they transferable to a FFL/SOT holder only, or anyone with the appropriate stamp?

That's something I always wondered about. There's a guy named Norell that made FA trigger packs for 10/22s. I studied up on them years ago when I had more money and credit. I always thought a FA 10/22 would be the ultimate full auto gun to own. Anyway as of 2 or maybe 3 years ago this Norell guy or his company STILL released maybe half a dozen transferable trigger pack every year. How in the hell does or did he have that many papered housings or trigger packs left over from 86?

A bunch of blanket registrations were being sent in right before the ban in a frenzy. A lot of shady stuff was going on as well like sending in registrations on stuff that wasn't manufactured yet. Some took the chance and got away with it but some didn't. There are few that were smart enough to see how the prices were going to increase and held back over the years. DLO is probably a prime example with his 1919 and M240 side plates. He would drop a plate or two out every year for stupid cash.

A bunch of blanket registrations were being sent in right before the ban in a frenzy. A lot of shady stuff was going on as well like sending in registrations on stuff that wasn't manufactured yet. Some took the chance and got away with it but some didn't. There are few that were smart enough to see how the prices were going to increase and held back over the years. DLO is probably a prime example with his 1919 and M240 side plates. He would drop a plate or two out every year for stupid cash.

Yeah, a lot of that occurred with actual firearms too. People were registering non full autos as converted full autos. The ATF quickly stepped in and anything that hadn't yet been converted (or manufactured in the case of drop in sears and packs) were voided/denied. Even ones that had already been approved from what I've heard.

It's kinda cool when I find old gun magazines especially old Shotgun News issues from way back then. It was like damn! The 80s man! Back when you could do whatever you wanted as ling as paid the admission price. It would be so cool to find one of those old Sten tubes and build a kit. But the last Sten I saw was years ago at the Rifleman in Macon and it was almost $7 large. That's so insane.

Here is a pretty good rule of thumb for those that don't want to spend hours reading, debating and interpreting the laws:

If no physical modication is required to the receiver for your "auto sear" to fit and make full auto then it's a no go for posession.

Examples

Glock sears - no modification required - No Go
DIAS - no modification required - No Go
Lighting link devices - no modification required - No Go
M16 auto sear - modification required - Good to Go

Here is a pretty good rule of thumb for those that don't want to spend hours reading, debating and interpreting the laws:

If no physical modication is required to the receiver for your "auto sear" to fit and make full auto then it's a no go for posession.

Examples

Glock sears - no modification required - No Go
DIAS - no modification required - No Go
Lighting link devices - no modification required - No Go
M16 auto sear - modification required - Good to Go
Yeah but aint there still a handful of transferable Lightning Links out there ? Two stamped pieces of sheet metal that could get lost in a good wind and yet worth all that money.

Yeah but aint there still a handful of transferable Lightning Links out there ? Two stamped pieces of sheet metal that could get lost in a good wind and yet worth all that money.

He means no go as in there are regulations. There are transferable lightning links, but any newly manufactured post sample lightning links have to be done by an FFL/SOT holder and aren't transferable.

Back
Top Bottom