• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Fantastic bullet puller

I have been genuinely impressed. The price seems fair to me and the shipping was quick. If I absolutely had to find something about the tool that could be improved, I'd say add some sort of cover/pad/wrap on the handles. After a couple dozen pulls, it becomes slightly uncomfortable on the palms.

A few years back I saw some sort of liquid rubber/plastic dip designed to replace damaged grips on pliers and such. If I can find some of that stuff, I'll probably dip the handles on my grip-n-pull. Its a very minor issue considering that I seldom need to pull more than just a few rounds at any one time.
Try, HOME DEPOT/LOWE'S, ACE HARDWARE...

My RCBS recently snapped, the head just popped off after I struck the block. Sent to RCBS, they sent me a brand new one.
Oh, I'm planning to take advantage of their warranty when that day happens. I didn't buy the puller noted in this thread that pulls large caliber rifle or pistol bullets. I just bought the one for calibers I pull most frequently. The hammer will still whacking the 2x10.

They have gotta be making a mint off those. No more material that is there and what it takes to make, I bet they don't have $10 or less in each one. I would like one, but those prices are hard to stomach.

Rosewood

It's a low volume item. Imagine the time and effort in design and prototyping to get the functionality right. And then you have to sell it, which means marketing cost, packaging, taxes, banking fees, credit card fees, covering shipping for two or more (have you seen shipping rates lately?). Material and machining costs are probably the least expensive element of that business.

Looks like a great tool. I have about 500 9mm bullets to pull. It will take me a while with the Frankford Arsenal kinetic hammer I have. This might be just the ticket, as I expect I could pull those pullets in 30 minutes, rather than a couple of hours, with far less mess.

Definitely a step up from the vice grips I use. Of course the VG destroy the bullet

1655991967515.png

My bullet puller is a step up from your vice-grip pliers.
Mine's easier because it gives me more leverage.
But we both have that "bullet is flat on two sides now" thing going on....

It's a low volume item. Imagine the time and effort in design and prototyping to get the functionality right. And then you have to sell it, which means marketing cost, packaging, taxes, banking fees, credit card fees, covering shipping for two or more (have you seen shipping rates lately?). Material and machining costs are probably the least expensive element of that business.

Looks like a great tool. I have about 500 9mm bullets to pull. It will take me a while with the Frankford Arsenal kinetic hammer I have. This might be just the ticket, as I expect I could pull those pullets in 30 minutes, rather than a couple of hours, with far less mess.
This is the situation for me. I still use my kinetic when I’m loading and need to disassemble a few rounds here and there. But, when I have a need to do larger quantities the grip-n-pull tool has been great for me.

Back
Top Bottom