• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Fantastic bullet puller

It's a low volume item. Imagine the time and effort in design and prototyping to get the functionality right. And then you have to sell it, which means marketing cost, packaging, taxes, banking fees, credit card fees, covering shipping for two or more (have you seen shipping rates lately?). Material and machining costs are probably the least expensive element of that business.
I understand all that, but it still ain't worth $40. And you have to pay the shipping cost, putting 2 in same box doesn't cost them anymore.

Rosewood

I understand all that, but it still ain't worth $40. And you have to pay the shipping cost, putting 2 in same box doesn't cost them anymore.

Rosewood

They pay for shipping if you order two.

I value these on utility. You value these on what you think it costs to make and sell.

Different strokes for different folks.

They pay for shipping if you order two.

I value these on utility. You value these on what you think it costs to make and sell.

Different strokes for different folks.
True dat.

And as long as folks are willing to pay too much for something, they will keep selling it for that. That is one reasons primers are still so high, folks will pay ridiculous amounts instead of waiting it out.

True dat.

And as long as folks are willing to pay too much for something, they will keep selling it for that. That is one reasons primers are still so high, folks will pay ridiculous amounts instead of waiting it out.

That's apples and oranges. Or elephants and ants.

Huge demand for primers, which are produced in the billions per year. Lots of different markets and tens or even hundreds of millions of customers. It's an essential component of another product that dramatically outsells the standalone component sales.

Specialty bullet pullers, on the other hand: I'd be surprised if the total potential market was more than 100K customers, with maybe 500 to 5000 likely purchases. Nobody getting rich there.

That's apples and oranges. Or elephants and ants.

Huge demand for primers, which are produced in the billions per year. Lots of different markets and tens or even hundreds of millions of customers. It's an essential component of another product that dramatically outsells the standalone component sales.

Specialty bullet pullers, on the other hand: I'd be surprised if the total potential market was more than 100K customers, with maybe 500 to 5000 likely purchases. Nobody getting rich there.
Don't defend those evil profiteers! This is ODT!

Damn. Good idea. But this

Attachments

• 4893A98F-B911-4277-9617-89387F45C11F.png
    4893A98F-B911-4277-9617-89387F45C11F.png
    180.8 KB · Views: 4
OK... I just succumbed to the hype. I have the "Mil Spec Rifle and Pistol pullers ordered.
I went to load up some .308 rounds and double checked the weight of the powder. I have a powder drop I use just for .308 so I've always trusted it. I then checked my logs, and the books... and discovered I'm 10 grains short... no idea how that happened. Anyway I pulled a couple of rounds I loaded a while ago and they were all lite. (I've only shot factory ammo so far.) Since I have about 250 in question, I think this will be worth while...

Back
Top Bottom