• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Fast Food anyone?

I make less than that and I dont even want the minimum wage increased. You have to look farther down the road to understand what increasing minimum wage by almost double will do.

I make less than that and I dont even want the minimum wage increased. You have to look farther down the road to understand what increasing minimum wage by almost double will do.
And because of your common sense you won't be making less than that forever. The ones in the OP... their present is their future.

How cute. Not a single fast food worker in the bunch. Another little nice paid for sham by union flunkies.
You guys do get, as has been proven time and time again, these little 'domonstrations' are all put on by paid union shills..... and the reason is? Anyone? Anyone? Bueller? Bueller?

I'm still on the first page but going to bite anyways. Union wages and overtime are typically negotiated at percentages tied to what the minimum wage is. Minimum wage goes up union wages go up....except it goes up more...

And because of your common sense you won't be making less than that forever. The ones in the OP... their present is their future.

Yep! Currently working as an engineer intern and project manager at a company making aerospace parts and tooling. They have already told me I have a job here when I graduate. Always gotta look forward for bigger and better things and work towards it

Yep! Currently working as an engineer intern and project manager at a company making aerospace parts and tooling. They have already told me I have a job here when I graduate. Always gotta look forward for bigger and better things and work towards it
This country as a whole has a MAJOR problem with those last 4 words....

That's pretty good. When I was iin school I was barred from getting an internship because I was taking 3 classes at the time instead of 4.. was taking 3 because the school like to schedule all the classes you need at the same time slot. They actually had the balls to call me and tell me to take my paperwork home and I was out of the internship program 1 day before orientation. That pretty much fked me after graduating because even as a fresh graduate, you need job experience to get hired, and you need to be hired to get job experience, but you need job experience to get hired... and so on and so on. And you need to be taking a full course load of classes in order to get approved for the university internship job program. But the university wont let you get a full course load because they schedule all the classes they tell you to take in the 1-3pm time slot... nothing before and nothing after.

Because of scheduling conflicts I basically took 1-2 years of extra time to graduate. After 6 years of school I definitely didnt feel like taking the FE exam. Fk it all. Eventually got an engineering job off of craigslist because you can apply to 1000 positions via an official company website and no one will even look at your resume. I made as much money as the illegal Mexicans the boss hired (aka "amigos" he called them). Gotta love the job descriptions of "Entry Level : 2 years minimum experience required". You basically have to lie on your resume to get hired anywhere these days.

Everyone boasts the benefits of higher education, everyone wants their child to have a high level job. But I tell you, that is extremely bad for society. Who will do the lower level jobs when 95% of people these days have an extremely high pressure to go to college? 3rd world immigration is filling that gap, but it is not a solution, it causes more problems in the long run.

Last edited:
Actually my current job is not an internship, its a job i found on my own. My official title there is just engineering intern, probably so they can pay me what they do. Ice worked there 4 days a week last semeater, and have worked my way through school. Im nearing the 6 year mark, but im racking up as much experience as I can because I believe it will help me more than graduating in 4 years or even perfect grades, mainly for the reason you have mentioned. Sure I have to deal with low pay while in school, I believe it will benefit me immediately out of school.

Back
Top Bottom