• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Fastest crotch rocket in the world

July 14, 1990, 322.150 mph was reached, and it held for 16 years ...... by Harley Davidson
if you watch the film all the tech's Kawa, Honda etc... dressed like doctors they pulled out slide rules to calculate the nitromethane ratio's to be used ..... HD boys with long beards, beer guts, sporting their colors looked as if they rolled out of a club on a three-day binge....
They grabbed a flask and poured the nitromethane in by sight like mixing a shot of liquor.... f-in hilarious
Operator; Compos, Dave 'Da man for sure' on the "Easy Rider"
I feel fairly confident that the bike was driven by somebody, here on the ODT!!!

Yeah, and honestly, Triumph is a legit sport bike these days. They supply the 765cc spec engines for Moto2 class... And their Speed Triple 1200 makes like 180hp in a naked sport bike that doesn't weigh much more than a 600... But comes packed with tech, Ohlins, etc... Their Street Triple RS weighs less than an R6, but makes more power and is an absolute weapon own track or in the mtns...

They have come a long way...
Oh yes, I had a triple from way back when they first came out. Traded it for something. Been about 40 years now. Know some 650 and 750s that are still on the road.

But everyone doesn’t want the mind bleeding torque and acceleration of. BMW1000, GSXR1000, Hayabusa, or ZX14. But still wanna have fun.

Oh yes, I had a triple from way back when they first came out. Traded it for something. Been about 40 years now. Know some 650 and 750s that are still on the road.

But everyone doesn’t want the mind bleeding torque and acceleration of. BMW1000, GSXR1000, Hayabusa, or ZX14. But still wanna have fun.
Kinda goes back to it's more fun to go fast in a slow vehicle then go slow in a fast one

Yes, wrecked a few. On the road hurt the worst, but the much more minor ones at the track were much more humbling.
I'm sure. I wondered, you seemed to have had a lot of different bikes. And I know you've raced too. LOL, I've been hurt far worse on a bicycle than motorcycle. Back in the day there were a few dealers that knew me and they'd toss me to the keys to anything. Sometimes, they just wanted me to try it. So I've ridden just about any type of bike made. But historically I've always been pretty practical when it came to motorcycles. Almost any bike is faster and more nimble than most cars on the road. So it really doesn't take anything fast to have good results

I'm sure. I wondered, you seemed to have had a lot of different bikes. And I know you've raced too. LOL, I've been hurt far worse on a bicycle than motorcycle. Back in the day there were a few dealers that knew me and they'd toss me to the keys to anything. Sometimes, they just wanted me to try it. So I've ridden just about any type of bike made. But historically I've always been pretty practical when it came to motorcycles. Almost any bike is faster and more nimble than most cars on the road. So it really doesn't take anything fast to have good results
Know more people seriously ****ed up on 49cc scooters. Picked up a couple cheap after a couple of them broke shoulders and legs.

Back
Top Bottom