• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Fastest crotch rocket in the world

Dang guys & ladies… what’s the hurry? Worst MC wreck I’ve been in was on a 1979 XR 80 when a dog ran out in front of me……probably running 25ish mph. I never migrated to streetbikes due to that wreck when I was 10.
Imagine rover crossing the road and running 200+ on a motorcycle….. probably over fer ya!
You would be long gone before the dog made it to the road.

And the older ones changed drastically with a gear change. That’s how those crazy videos that looked as if the rider was wheeling at 180mph.
Yeah... You have no idea how many 600 squids I have argued with, who claim that their 2004 GSX-R600 does 178mph and "hangs with R1's and Busa's all day". They have no idea that their speedo is off due to innate inaccuracy and their -1/+2 quick acceleration sprocket kit now has the speedo reading 21% high...

But they know what they know, and refuse to admit that their 600 isn't that fast. They spent years bragging about how fast they are and they aren't about lose face due to facts.. I even once made a video showing the gearing charts and dyno charts and aero forces at work, showing how it is impossible for a 600 to go that fast unless you add boost... kids... lol

Yeah... You have no idea how many 600 squids I have argued with, who claim that their 2004 GSX-R600 does 178mph and "hangs with R1's and Busa's all day". They have no idea that their speedo is off due to innate inaccuracy and their -1/+2 quick acceleration sprocket kit now has the speedo reading 21% high...

But they know what they know, and refuse to admit that their 600 isn't that fast. They spent years bragging about how fast they are and they aren't about lose face due to facts.. I even once made a video showing the gearing charts and dyno charts and aero forces at work, showing how it is impossible for a 600 to go that fast unless you add boost... kids... lol
All that bragging goes out the window at the drag strip, probably why only a few actually put it in the staging lanes… LOL

Not in this area. I can hit 170s in 5th gear with a gear to go at Road Atlanta, but that turn 10A comes up really fast at those speeds....

👹

8DA85679-6BD5-4AE5-B620-D90F07C4D40C.jpeg
C79B77A0-CA85-4298-B141-8851A5719323.jpeg

Please don’t be that stupid.
Yeah, I don't do those speeds on the highway any more. Too easy to go to jail... I play in the mtns where I go faster than I should, because in the turns is where the fun is at... and you don't have to do 170 to get your pulse racing... I still go faster than is prudent, but it is what it is... I like some of the really twisty roads, where just 10 over the speed limit is challenging and fun, and not likely to get you in trouble with the popo...

I save my real speed and antics for the occasional track day...

Yeah, I don't do those speeds on the highway any more. Too easy to go to jail... I play in the mtns where I go faster than I should, because in the turns is where the fun is at... and you don't have to do 170 to get your pulse racing... I still go faster than is prudent, but it is what it is... I like some of the really twisty roads, where just 10 over the speed limit is challenging and fun, and not likely to get you in trouble with the popo...

I save my real speed and antics for the occasional track day...
Nope, nope, nope. I don’t do curves overly aggressively.
But I do drag racing on bikes to a higher level than about 95% of the bike riding populace.

Back
Top Bottom