• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Fastest crotch rocket in the world

Nope, nope, nope. I don’t do curves overly aggressively.
But I do drag racing on bikes to a higher level than about 95% of the bike riding populace.
Yeah, I never had the guts to scrape the pegs on rides in the mountains. Just couldn’t bring myself to lay one over that far.
Now, street drag racing, especially at Daytona during bike week, or getting down on the tank for a top end run, that was fun.
Sold the bikes, now too old, too brittle, too aware of the dangers involved. Guess it’s nature’s way of saying ‘hey, dumbass, quit while you’re ahead’.

July 14, 1990, 322.150 mph was reached, and it held for 16 years ...... by Harley Davidson
if you watch the film all the tech's Kawa, Honda etc... dressed like doctors they pulled out slide rules to calculate the nitromethane ratio's to be used ..... HD boys with long beards, beer guts, sporting their colors looked as if they rolled out of a club on a three-day binge....
They grabbed a flask and poured the nitromethane in by sight like mixing a shot of liquor.... f-in hilarious
Operator; Compos, Dave 'Da man for sure' on the "Easy Rider"

July 14, 1990, 322.150 mph was reached, and it held for 16 years ...... by Harley Davidson
if you watch the film all the tech's Kawa, Honda etc... dressed like doctors they pulled out slide rule's to calculate the nitromethane ratio's to be used ..... HD boys looked like they rolled out of a club on a three-day binge....
They grabbed a flask and poured the nitromethane in by sight like mixing a shot of liqour.... f-in hilarious
LOL, geterdone.......

The scariest bike I’ve ever ridden was a ‘13 Triumph Rocket, one of my sons was working for Triumph at the time and brought one to the house to show me. This thing was unreal, it handled like it was a 350 lb bike but the acceleration on this monster was incredible. I hit 60 in 1st gear and when I hit 2nd I almost came off the back of it and I didn’t even floor it! I hit 90 in 2nd and when I went to 3rd gear it wasn’t even redlined. I leaned into a left hand curve and it went into the oncoming lane, I never rode a bike that big that handled so easily. It took a little getting used to but it was an awesome ride. The scariest ride I ever had though was merging onto I-75 north from I-75/85 north, I was in the far left lane on a ‘90 something Yamaha Seca II 600 running just a tad too fast, I drifted out into the lane next to me right UNDER the trailer of an 18 wheeler! I could’ve touched the underside of it but somehow I was able to get back in my lane without getting squished. That bout scared the sh*t outta me! I was in my 30’s back then and still thought I was 10 ft tall & bulletproof. 😳😂

The scariest bike I’ve ever ridden was a ‘13 Triumph Rocket, one of my sons was working for Triumph at the time and brought one to the house to show me. This thing was unreal, it handled like it was a 350 lb bike but the acceleration on this monster was incredible. I hit 60 in 1st gear and when I hit 2nd I almost came off the back of it and I didn’t even floor it! I hit 90 in 2nd and when I went to 3rd gear it wasn’t even redlined. I leaned into a left hand curve and it went into the oncoming lane, I never rode a bike that big that handled so easily. It took a little getting used to but it was an awesome ride. The scariest ride I ever had though was merging onto I-75 north from I-75/85 north, I was in the far left lane on a ‘90 something Yamaha Seca II 600 running just a tad too fast, I drifted out into the lane next to me right UNDER the trailer of an 18 wheeler! I could’ve touched the underside of it but somehow I was able to get back in my lane without getting squished. That bout scared the sh*t outta me! I was in my 30’s back then and still thought I was 10 ft tall & bulletproof. 😳😂
My first street bike was a 96 Seca II. Great starter bike back in the day.

I recently was invited up to help break in the 2024 Triumph Press and Demo fleet. They had the latest Rockets, Tigers, Speed Triple, and several different Bonneville models... The guy is a buddy of mine and said to grab a bike(me and a bunch of my friends I brought up with me to help out) and go out for a few hours, try to get at least 100 miles on each bike, come back and grab a different new bike and do the same. Did that for a couple days up in the Rome area where he lives.

Triumph delivered 26 new bikes to his shop. I took the Rocket3 out for half a day and it was impressive for what it was, but I walked away not all that impressed. I was expecting way more power out of it, and while it was fast, it wasn't as fast as what I am used to. It was a very cool bike and the cool factor and presence of it, was off the charts...

I have some video's of it up on my channel. Honestly, I had a lot more fun on the new Tiger 1200 Explorer than I did on the Rocket.

My first street bike was a 96 Seca II. Great starter bike back in the day.

I recently was invited up to help break in the 2024 Triumph Press and Demo fleet. They had the latest Rockets, Tigers, Speed Triple, and several different Bonneville models... The guy is a buddy of mine and said to grab a bike(me and a bunch of my friends I brought up with me to help out) and go out for a few hours, try to get at least 100 miles on each bike, come back and grab a different new bike and do the same. Did that for a couple days up in the Rome area where he lives.

Triumph delivered 26 new bikes to his shop. I took the Rocket3 out for half a day and it was impressive for what it was, but I walked away not all that impressed. I was expecting way more power out of it, and while it was fast, it wasn't as fast as what I am used to. It was a very cool bike and the cool factor and presence of it, was off the charts...

I have some video's of it up on my channel. Honestly, I had a lot more fun on the new Tiger 1200 Explorer than I did on the Rocket.
Triumphs are good solid bikes for a rider that wants a little sport without ALL the sport. Fact is that what the majority of riders want.

That’s why 600s are so popular, sport and fun with out the perceived risks. I say “perceived” because IMHO even the smallest motorcycle can injure or kill you if not respected.

Triumphs are good solid bikes for a rider that wants a little sport without ALL the sport. Fact is that what the majority of riders want.

That’s why 600s are so popular, sport and fun with out the perceived risks. I say “perceived” because IMHO even the smallest motorcycle can injure or kill you if not respected.

Yeah, and honestly, Triumph is a legit sport bike these days. They supply the 765cc spec engines for Moto2 class... And their Speed Triple 1200 makes like 180hp in a naked sport bike that doesn't weigh much more than a 600... But comes packed with tech, Ohlins, etc... Their Street Triple RS weighs less than an R6, but makes more power and is an absolute weapon own track or in the mtns...

They have come a long way...

The difference is milliseconds to days till your death......And of course, the price of the bike. :becky:

I thought my ‘67 Bonneville was badass in ‘67. But I coveted a 750cc Royal Enfield.

Back
Top Bottom